• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Joomla Bridge

A good idea, that I am sure will come to fruition.

vBulletin 4 has been "impossible" to integrate well with Joomla (The Jfusion Team gave Up).
They said vB4 was "a bloated pig", and gave up on Frameless Integration (the only forum software they ever gave up on, BTW).

As this other thread mentions: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/jfusion-integration.4903/
The way to integrate Joomla and other forum software is Jfusion, especially because it also integrates Search, etc.

A temporary "Bridge" for login integration where xenForo is the Login method could be a good short term solution !

I would like this as well. In fact last night I was looking at Drupal and Joomla, deciding which one I want to use, and decided on Joomla. So a bridge would be perfect for my new XF-powered site. :D

Anyone Planning to Surprise us with this one ..I suggested xF to one of my clients and he wants Joomla as frontend :(

Anyone Planning to Surprise us with this one ..I suggested xF to one of my clients and he wants Joomla as frontend :(

I have yet to hear of anyone creating either a login integration or a full user bridge.
When Joomla 1.6 is final, Jfusion will release a new version, and then I bet a few xenforo jfusion plugins will come out.
the jfusion forums feel that the Joomla + Xenforo plugin might be a paid plugin because xenforo is not open source.

I don't really understand that devs logic... considering they do them for other commercial software as it was in their best interest. I would say their VB market has died... so if Jfusion want to capture more market share, maybe it is within their best interest to expand into the forum software that is expected to capture a good stake in the forum market. Considering a WP one is already done and freely available... I don't really see their logic that much about it being commercial software. The longer it takes them to get on-board, purely only means the more who moved towards WP instead of Joomla. I see this attitude only being a hindrance to the Joomla community overall vs. an asset.

I don't really understand that devs logic... considering they do them for other commercial software as it was in their best interest. I would say their VB market has died... so if Jfusion want to capture more market share, maybe it is within their best interest to expand into the forum software that is expected to capture a good stake in the forum market. Considering a WP one is already done and freely available... I don't really see their logic that much about it being commercial software. The longer it takes them to get on-board, purely only means the more who moved towards WP instead of Joomla. I see this attitude only being a hindrance to the Joomla community overall vs. an asset.

It's the time for someone to come up with some better cms Product which is simple and easy customization with good security . It was fun working as Joomla Add-on's Developer once but it's not anymore for me .Been more then a year haven't logged in at Joomla site .

It was fun working as Joomla Add-on's Developer once but it's not anymore for me .Been more then a year haven't logged in at Joomla site .

Joomla 1.6 is quite an incredible leap over Joomla 1.5.
I am very surprised it took them SOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOONG to get 1.6 out.
It took 2.5 years. (Joomla 1.5 released Jan 22nd 2008).
Joomla! 1.6 is an incredible advance but Joomla's "Shining Star Status" took a major HIT, IMO.

Joomla 1.6 is quite an incredible leap over Joomla 1.5.
I am very surprised it took them SOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOONG to get 1.6 out.
It took 2.5 years. (Joomla 1.5 released Jan 22nd 2008).
Joomla! 1.6 is an incredible advance but Joomla's "Shining Star Status" took a major HIT, IMO.

I Checked it Looks better main issue with Joomla is it's need to be upto date with security issues ....Russian/Turkish hackers can easily sql inject and redirect your site . Your site will be in mess if you don't have recent back-up's.

I Checked it Looks better main issue with Joomla is it's need to be upto date with security issues ....Russian/Turkish hackers can easily sql inject and redirect your site . Your site will be in mess if you don't have recent back-up's.

Wow....

I was considering Joomla, but this info is troubling.

I had joomla, had jfusion, and a custom coded dual login pluggin(coded by a jF dev) for it and vbulletin, It failed miserably and cost me a lot of headaches...I will never use either again(joomla or jfusion).

It's the time for someone to come up with some better cms Product which is simple and easy customization with good security .
This is why its really becoming quite normal for customers to now want the product to have single solution, same as VB and IPB have gone, and hopefully xenforo... as a single solution is far superior than hacking pieces together.

People are seeing just how easy it is to style and modify the XF framework... so a CMS for this product would be a dream to customise.

This is why its really becoming quite normal for customers to now want the product to have single solution, same as VB and IPB have gone, and hopefully xenforo... as a single solution is far superior than hacking pieces together.

People are seeing just how easy it is to style and modify the XF framework... so a CMS for this product would be a dream to customise.

Yup and over that fact Xenforo Looks Promising too . I can't wait till Gold Release and i am hoping i will be able to make my dream come through this Software.

I had joomla, had jfusion, and a custom coded dual login pluggin(coded by a jF dev) for it and vbulletin, It failed miserably and cost me a lot of headaches...I will never use either again(joomla or jfusion).
What was the problem ? Were you running frameless ? vB3 or 4 ?

A bridge for Joomla <-> XenForo is a must have to have XenForo replace a lot of vb installations.
As far as I know, there is no team is working such yet.
Tried to talk JFusion into doing that but seems that they want to wait.

But we might just need for the 1.0 final release before more teams/companies look into that. :)

Top Bottom