Joomla 3.8 & xenForo 2 integration?

Anhava

I tried to search this from the forums and trough Google, but can't find any solution.

Is there (even) any possibilities to integrate Joomla 3.8 with xenForo 2? If not is here anyone who wants to make that kind of integration for me? I'm ready to pay for proper integration. I'm using Community Builder at the moment in Joomla, but that's not requirement for integration - I can disable that component if needed.

Can someone even explain how I can start to learn how to do that kind of code myself? :) I have common knowledge in PHP, API and HTML. Should I start with old bridges and modify them to work with newer vesions? I have understanding that xenForo 2 code is much different that in version 1, right?

I tried to search this from the forums and trough Google, but can't find any solution.

Is there (even) any possibilities to integrate Joomla 3.8 with xenForo 2? If not is here anyone who wants to make that kind of integration for me? I'm ready to pay for proper integration. I'm using Community Builder at the moment in Joomla, but that's not requirement for integration - I can disable that component if needed.

Can someone even explain how I can start to learn how to do that kind of code myself? :) I have common knowledge in PHP, API and HTML. Should I start with old bridges and modify them to work with newer vesions? I have understanding that xenForo 2 code is much different that in version 1, right?
We are interested to develop Integration between Joomla 3.8 and Xenforo 2. Let's start private chat if this job is still open.

I'm keeping Joomla for content-components-modules etc. mode right now and registration / log in only trough XF2. Waiting here for new upgrades (so not today). If anyone is intrested to do it for public or/and for me. I'm ready to pay max 100-200 euro (you can sell it for others too, it is not of from me :) )

Offers what i've got have been like 1200-1500$ for integration... lol.

EDIT: did jfusion made any XF2 integrations? If yes, I can try to make basic integration for free.

@LPH and hes amazing XenWord resource.

I love it. It's easily customizable, supports many functions, widgets and its compatible for both XF versions. Also works well with latest WordPress version. :)
I'm going to try how it works if using WP only as backend for Laravel / CodeIgniter project soon.

My XF-knowledge is weak (docs is messy/hard to understand for some reason). XenWord is WP-plugin and easy to understand. (IMO)

If you like WordPress as CMS then you'll love XenWord!

Of course pure XF CMS would be alot better. API would be solution for most of the problems.

Sorry for messy text.. I gotta go!

You can PM me if you want to discuss more.

I'm interested in Joomla 3.8 - XenForo2 integration, too. Using Jfusion now and it is right: Jfusion is dead.
Will pay for development of a simple bridge with user registration and double login/logout.

My last developed bridge costs more than 1000,- Euro and don't work. (n)

I'm actually looking at using xenforo as a comments engine for Joomla
I have something similar for phpbb and joomla, and would like to have similar function for XF and joomla. Since now that both have REST api it should be much simpler.

And yes, joomla 4 is also exciting :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom