JFusion plugin for Xenforo

Truemedia

Hi,
I am currently considering integrating Xenforo with JFusion (www.jfusion.org) to allow it to be used with other software. I am a developer and freelancer involved with JFusion and several other web based projects and have seen several requests to integrate Xenforo with other software so that users of a site can use xenforo and the other software without logging in twice/ logging out twice / registering twice, and have all there data synchronized between the software and have more to offer than a forum on there site without resorting to software plugins to serve all purposes.

As I do not own a license to Xenforo and would have to commit a large amount of time into developing this, I would require a community donation to pay for the costs and make sure I can afford to work it. Xenforo is a great new forum software and would be even better if it could be used with other software designed for a different purpose such as WordPress for a blog, Joomla for CMS, and PrestaShop for an ecommerce ect.

So I ask of keen users and developers interested in the opportunity to use Xenforo seamlessly with other software if they are willing to fund this project. You only have to contribute as much money as you want, and maybe try out the plugin in different stages, and plus once the plugin is finished it will be FREE to everyone.

To contribute please donate through paypal by clicking on the donate button on my site: www.mediacityonline.net/store and once the budget is reached work will immediately start on building this integration. Also a free xenforo license would really help the budget so if you can provide that it would be incredibility useful to us thanks.

Here is some of the software once this plugin is done you could use with Xenforo using JFusion: Joomla, Magento, Moodle, PrestaShop, WordPress, Elgg, Dokuwiki, gallery2, oscommerce, efront, and more. Post if you have any questions or want more information on contributing, thanks.

I would be willing to contribute to this project but have some questions.

What would be the time line to getting the product out? Rough guess? Weeks or Months or Years?

Also, you stated "..once the budget is reached work will immediately start on building this integration.." What is the budget that needs to be met before work starts? Does this include the price of the license or in addition to it?

Thanks,
Jamie

Let me/us know when you get a license and i will gladly drop some coins, for the development of this bridge.. This is a must for my network i wouldn't be able to migrate anything but a start up site without this plugin.

All contributions help, and the first thing if one isn't donated when I have the $140 im doing is buying a license, the sooner the better

Hi, I am currently considering integrating Xenforo with JFusion (www.jfusion.org) to allow it to be used with other software.
Nice work on the PrestaShop plugin.

so that users of a site can use xenforo and the other software without logging in twice/ logging out twice / registering twice,

This is the most important part.

and have all there data synchronized between the software and have more to offer than a forum on there site without resorting to software plugins to serve all purposes.

This is probably the hard part.

Here is some of the software once this plugin is done you could use with Xenforo using JFusion: Joomla, Magento, Moodle, PrestaShop, WordPress, Elgg, Dokuwiki, gallery2, oscommerce, efront, and more.
Good point !

One issue I see ... is the thread title here. The word Joomla should appear. People don't know that Jfusion is important to Joomla! (I see marketing is not your thing . :) )

I think the donations and this whole product could be kicked off by you showing some commitment to this plugin.

Is it possible that you get the plugin working for Login integration alone .... and then when people see that working ... rally the troops to get all the other features going.

Sound like a compromise ?

All I would need is this as well as be able to network forums so that I would have a CMS and multiple forums connected to it.

Nice to see theres still interest. Yes please send over the license, there hasnt been any real contributions from anyone yet and I can at least look into the inner workings of xenforo and current mods with a license.

If you can email it to me and I will count it as a money contribution, it would cut the costs and help a lot thanks.

I noticed you mentioned Prestashop and oscommerce, would ZenCart be possible as well? I run a WP/XF/ZC config and am definitely interested and altho can not afford much, would be willing to put what I can in the donate pile.

Zencart pluGin doesnt currently exist, although I could do a magento plugin if there was contributions for it (since you have to buy zencart). Depends if you think zencart users would donate, and which plugin you want to contribute to.

Ok... basically have no idea who you are, so I will not just donate cash away in the hope of a product being released.

I will however pledge US$300 to you on the completion of the product, the same as I have done with the VB4 importer and VB4 URL redirection script... both those where US$200 donated to develop and maintain them to an acceptable working standard.

If in doubt... feel free to send users PaulM or DarkImmortal a message to confirm I held up my word to both who developed the above products.

If someone else is donating a license, and others throw in some $$$, then you have US$300 from me on successful completion of the product once it has been tested and is working.

Will this be maintained by jfusion or as a mod here? I am hoping by jfusion!!!

Zencart pluGin doesnt currently exist, although I could do a magento plugin if there was contributions for it (since you have to buy zencart). Depends if you think zencart users would donate, and which plugin you want to contribute to.
ZenCart is open source, free to download and is a branch off oscommerce. I've been using it for three years because it is a free solution. Not sure where you got the idea it was a paid script.

Oh I didn't know, have they recenetly come to open source? I'm sure I remember them having a watered down open source system and a premium full features system.

Oh I didn't know, have they recenetly come to open source? I'm sure I remember them having a watered down open source system and a premium full features system.
They have been a full featured open source all along. You may have them confused with xcart, which is a premium and has a "watered down" free version.

Once it is done it will be maintained and updated in the jfusion SVN. I don't question that you wouldn't pledge the money given what you've mentioned but you do know the money is refundable over paypal? Meaning if the project was comprimized and you had donated money it would be refunded.

Possibly or with a cart of a simillar name. I havn't been keeping track much of what other carts have been doing since I started using prestashop.

Or it's possible you have it confused with CubeCart which has version 3 as free, version 4 is paid and version 5 due out sometime soon.

Possibly or with a cart of a simillar name. I havn't been keeping track much of what other carts have been doing since I started using prestashop.
I tried prestashop but could not make it work for what "I" needed it to do. I had very specific needs and so far onky two carts have been able to deliver the needs to our industry, xcart and zencart. Although we all keep looking which is why I am somewhat familiar with what is out there.

Well in that case it would only be £250 to fund a zencart plugin, although if you can't afford much and this is kinda the wrong place to discuss it you could always try making the plugin yourself.

Top Bottom