1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Javascript in header does away with ability to reply

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by craigiri, Nov 19, 2015.

1. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Hello all.

I tried to paste some JS into the page_header template as suggested (brogans instructions) - everything seemed to work except that the ability to reply to a thread went away.

This meant both the ability to quote and reply (you got a screen without a reply box) and also the ability to just post in the thread without replying.

The code I am trying to use converts Amazon links to Global (country specific) links.

A pic of the snippet is enclosed.

For this test I has selected the Google Ajax option for loading js in the XF options.

Notes:
    1. The code did work to convert the links - but I had to remove due to the problem with posting and replies.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

I noticed that the page with the snippet says this:
    "This snippet uses jQuery 1.9.0. If you do not wish to use jQuery, then you will need to move the contents of the $(document).ready()function into an equivalent function in your code."

1.4.3 is my XF version.

I'm not sure I have a choice in the jquery version - or whether this code loads up a 2nd instance?

Please educate me if you know!

Attached Files:

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

XenForo already loads jQuery 1.11.0. You should remove the call in your script to jQuery; this additional call is likely causing problems.

craigiri likes this.