XF 1.4 JavaScript Console Error

TJA

When un-checking any smiley in the admin panel I get this error:

upload_2014-10-31_22-35-4.webp

Any suggestions?

Your first screenshot is from editing a template, but the subsequent console logs aren't actually from that.

Looking at your latest screenshots, it's clear that the default style isn't being used. Loading your site, I also see what appears to be a large number of add-ons (based on the number of queries; you shouldn't have debug mode enabled though). There's evidence of this in the console screenshots as well. Further, your site appears to be running 1.1.5 which is a very outdated version.

The absolute most important thing is to disable all add-ons in the control panel and create a new, totally unmodified style to start debugging. All testing needs to be done with that as a basis.

That said, it's likely there's a server issue here. I suspect if you rename your .htaccess file temporarily, you may get a different error (probably one that implies mod_security is at play).

Your first screenshot is from editing a template, but the subsequent console logs aren't actually from that.

Looking at your latest screenshots, it's clear that the default style isn't being used. Loading your site, I also see what appears to be a large number of add-ons (based on the number of queries; you shouldn't have debug mode enabled though). There's evidence of this in the console screenshots as well. Further, your site appears to be running 1.1.5 which is a very outdated version.

The absolute most important thing is to disable all add-ons in the control panel and create a new, totally unmodified style to start debugging. All testing needs to be done with that as a basis.

That said, it's likely there's a server issue here. I suspect if you rename your .htaccess file temporarily, you may get a different error (probably one that implies mod_security is at play).
Yes I was using the defualt style earlier and when disabling 'every' add-on in statges) didn't work, I put it back to the main style. I forgot about degugging mode as I was going to see if the system could troubleshoot itself. And as for the outdated version, I've seriously modified my XenForo and we are just going to keep it at that version because many of the addons will stop working if we upgraded. This forum serves it's purpose simply as a private-area for people who are members to congregate privately since we use our Mobile App. The Forum is just a private area so no need to keep adding and upgrading if it works fine the way we have it. This started happening just recently and I would love to just get it back as it was working. I've put it back to the default style and turned off debugging mode but I am at a loss as to how this is not allowing anyone to either make a post nor reply to a post as well as my not being able to edit templates ;-) Anything to get it back would be nice, and I'll try renaming the .htaccess file next and see what that does ;-)

Your PHP config has a memory_limit of 64M. XenForo likes at least 128M.

Your host or server admin needs to edit the php.ini file on the server to increase that limit. Or add this to your library/config.php file (doesn't always work):

Jake, my man! I increased my server PHP memory limit to 128, and it's all good! Thank you "again and again" You've really been instrumental since I first started with XenForo many years ago ;-)

Top Bottom