Style It's great when...

Shelley

You get your template edits down from....

Screenshot_18.webp

To the following (below)

Screenshot_19.webp

Might as well post a preview and since it's a derivative of the New Horizons style with the exception that this version is Fluid where the previous was fixed. I started from scratch last night and made a few changes to the design (navbar having no radius) but it's still very much an early W.I.P and the design is subject to change where I have some ideas on some enhancements.

I'm going dark... style :D

PS. Ignore the logo that will be changed there are certain areas I still need to tinker and improve upon.

Edit: Ignore the MW3 Node icons also, I was faffing around experimenting. :D

Screenshot_20.webp

Screenshot_21.webp

Screenshot_22.webp

Last edited:
Looking good as usual! :)

Nice job Shelley. :)

Not sure if you plan on releasing and selling it, but if you did I'm sure it would be very popular. ;)

node_category_level_1 though I'm in the process of eliminating that. I almost had the 3 part image displaying using css but the right image was giving me trouble but I think I have a workaround for that.

Looking good as usual! :)

Nice job Shelley. :)

Not sure if you plan on releasing and selling it, but if you did I'm sure it would be very popular. ;)

The moment I release any style, I'll be expected to provide support and the moment somebody has an issue and no support is given they use that thread to whine so it's highly doubtful this will be released. It'll be a case of Use the style for a while till I get bored with it >> delete. :p

You know what some people are like, you only have to venture into a few resource threads where members moaned when they didn't get what they wanted. Perhaps the day when xenforo allows for resources to be posted with no discussions but still allow for them to be updated, I'd consider releasing styles. heck I've deleted more styles than I can count.

Looks sweet, Shelley...as is always the case with your designs. :)

Thanks John that means alot. :)

Almost done styling the Resource Manager. Shifted some stuff about as you can see in the screenshots and still a little style left to do in the featured containers. The RM sidebar is still undergoing some styling since i'm not quite happy with that yet.

Screenshot_31.webp
Screenshot_32.webp

You know what some people are like, you only have to venture into a few resource threads where members moaned when they didn't get what they wanted. Perhaps the day when xenforo allows for resources to be posted with no discussions but still allow for them to be updated, I'd consider releasing styles. heck I've deleted more styles than I can count.

Have you made a suggestion with regards to this and received any feedback?

I guess if there wasn't any place for discussion then even slight normal mistakes or corrections and minor feedback would only be able to be conveyed via PC or in the review box. This could result result in many more inbox messages that you'd have to deal with personally, whereby questions in a discussion thread can always be answered by other members if the resource owner has decided to take a hands off approach.

If the feedback is only left in the review box's then you could potentially end up with a lot of sub 5 star reviews for minor issues people would normally resolve in the discussion thread. Plus I don't think reviews can be replied to any further after the initial response from the resource owner, can they?

It could work in certain situations though, after all, that is one of the main purpose of reviews, to provide feedback about a product or service. The resource owner can either respond by updating the resource, a single reply to the review with no further discussion or ignore the comment all together.

In the end, instead of waiting for XF to change it might be best to use to the current system and make it clear in your resource description you provide it as is with no promise of commitment to supply further updates or support and take the hands off approach? (Akin to the way Jaxel does for his free mods)

I can completely understand where you're coming from, not wanting to deal with certain issues and spend too much time supporting a free resource. But it's a great looking style, seems a shame that you produce this great work just for them to be deleted after a few teaser screenshots :(

In the second screenshot (on the first post), you might want to move the search icon down a bit - but you probably already know that :)

You know I like that style, I did when you first started it way back when. Only thing that eats at me is all that blank space between the forum title and the last post information.

On the Top Resources sidebar block, is there any way to move the Username onto a new line - I think it'd flow better, if that makes sense.

other than that, top quality as always :)

In the second screenshot (on the first post), you might want to move the search icon down a bit - but you probably already know that :)

You know I like that style, I did when you first started it way back when. Only thing that eats at me is all that blank space between the forum title and the last post information.

On the Top Resources sidebar block, is there any way to move the Username onto a new line - I think it'd flow better, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I noticed that search icon and was glancing at it 5 minutes ago thinking i should sort that out which I'll get to shortly. It's been on my fix list since I started it, but every time I intend in going to fix it I end up modifying something else and forgetting about it. :D

I'm still figuring out what to do with that blank space (it kind of what was initially intended) But I have to agree, I need to have something in there to spark that area up and do something with it. That is something I'll re-visit once I finished sorting out some issues with the RM I'm having.

Got to agree again, that sidebar is a pain tbh. It's not like styling the sidebar on the rest of the forum and it's not turned out as I wanted it to. I'm still not happy with it at all and everything looks messy, organized tbh. I could lower the font-size but that all hinges on whether the title is long or short and it could break. I'm actually thinking of just removing the username, but as the RM sidebar as a whole stands now I'm not at all satisfied with it.

Thanks for the feedback az, much appreciated. *sighs goes back into extra.css* :p

Started on eliminating that space (still have a few more plans for it) but I added a divider though it required a template change but I think it's worth the edit. Any better?

Screenshot_37.webp

Top Bottom