[ITD] Private Videos in BB Code Media Sites

[ITD] Private Videos in BB Code Media Sites 1.0.0

No permission to download

Mian Shahid

ITDarasgah submitted a new resource:

[ITD] Private Videos in BB Code Media Sites۔ - Embed Private Videos to your Xenforo Board

Overview: Peoples love sharing videos via public video sharing sites like YouTube. In this case your videos are open for everyone to share anywhere. But in few cases, you may not like sharing of your videos by any person other then your board members, but using services like YouTube or dailymotion, this is hard to prevent others to share you videos publicly.

Their are few ways to prevent your personal videos from public sharing, one of them is to upload your videos to your xenforo board...

Read more about this resource...

Nice one!

But I think the requirement that the videos have to be uploaded to a certain folder makes it a bit impractical. I would have to grant my members FTP access to do this, I think ... Not keen to do that, and they would struggle to use an FTP client anyway. However, if the add-on was able to play videos that had been uploaded as attachments, then I think it would be a lot more useful.

Nice one!

But I think the requirement that the videos have to be uploaded to a certain folder makes it a bit impractical. I would have to grant my members FTP access to do this, I think ... Not keen to do that, and they would struggle to use an FTP client anyway. However, if the add-on was able to play videos that had been uploaded as attachments, then I think it would be a lot more useful.

how to play video uplaoded inside FTP video folder??

you can try by editing "Match URLs:" in "Private Videos" at "BBCode Media Site" manually.

Your video file link should be
Code:
www.example.pm/video/Falling%20Skies%20Trailer.mp4
and for that you don't need to alter in BBCode Media Site just install add-on and put
Code:
[media=pvtvideo]Falling%20Skies%20Trailer.MP4[/media]
in post.

you can try by editing "Match URLs:" in "Private Videos" at "BBCode Media Site" manually.
I believe I will need to use or implement a callback method to embed videos that have been uploaded as attachments. The reason is that attachments are stored in sub-folders under data/attachments/ and I think the only way to find the actual path is to query the database. (Looks like there might be some XF methods to do this though ....)

Top Bottom