1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Issues with uploading avatar

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by imspot, May 1, 2015.

1. imspot

imspot Active Member

Hello,

i'm having issues with uploading avatars. When i select a new image to replace the current avatar, nothing happens and it says upload completed successfully. Using xenforo 1.4.6 latest version.

I don't understand what could be the reason, please help me it's really annoying. Thanks

2. imspot

imspot Active Member

Also some avatars are constantly changing into this (check the attachment file)

Attached Files:

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would suggest your directories do not have the correct permissions.

Ensure /data and /internal_data are chmod -r 0777.

4. imspot

imspot Active Member

Yes i did that. It's all 777

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Including recursively? Note that changing that won't fix the problem retroactively.

Pulling a random example from your forum: http://imspot.org/data/avatars/l/3/3326.jpg?1430472187 It's returning a 404 and this is almost always down to permissions being set incorrectly (generally from a server move or some other configuration change; the permissions wouldn't change unexpectedly otherwise).

imspot likes this.
  6. imspot

imspot Active Member

How to do it recursively?

7. Brogan

chmod -r 0777

imspot likes this.
  8. imspot

imspot Active Member

I mean in filezilla, i'm doing it using that program. Thanks

9. Brogan

Right click on the directory and there should be a menu to set the permissions.

imspot likes this.
  10. imspot

imspot Active Member

Well as far as i can see everything is correct with the permissions. Problem is something else i guess.

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you show a screenshot of the permissions on the avatar/l/3/ directory? Can you reproduce the problem with a newly uploaded avatar? (You may need to upload an avatar for someone already affected.)

12. imspot

imspot Active Member

Problem solved. It was the permissions. I didn't do few things correctly. Thanks guys for your help!