Issues with the Brave Browser on mobile.

Mbx

Affected version
We got reports on issues like this "I literally can't post/edit from my phone. It's like something is constantly spazzing on the enter button while I'm typing."

This is happening on Xenforo.com as well according to the user for the Brave Browser (probably Vivaldi too). And yes, on a larger board, it was confirmed by some users (seems to be a recent issue). Hence I report it here.

Last edited:
We got reports on issues like this "I literally can't post/edit from my phone. It's like something is constantly spazzing on the enter button while I'm typing."

This is happening on Xenforo.com as well according to the user for the Brave Browser (probably Vivaldi too). And yes, on a larger board, it was confirmed by some users (seems to be a recent issue). Hence I report it here.
Likewise here. I had a user complain today they can't access the Forum via Brave on their phone. On their laptop at home it's fine.

I'm guessing this is a browser specific issue although he reports he uses other forums (not Xenforo) and they are fine.

Same reported here on the Samsung Internet browser (S21) - Others (Duck Duck Go/Chrome) work fine...

User 1 : "In the last couple of weeks there's been a software change that makes posting with andriod mobiles very difficult and PM almost impossible. It inserts lots of spaces or line returns at random when you're composing a message. "
User 2 : "I noticed this too, particularly when quoting another post - it adds in about 20 line returns, and keeps adding more in if you try and delete them. It also messes up the quoting, adding your message into what has been quoted. I gave up using Android, it was unusable."

I've got users reporting this issue with our Xenforo 2.0 forum (latest 2.0 patch level).

I t/s a little with one user.
He has Android 13 on a Samsung and using Chrome.
When creating a post, it will add a dozen lines between sentences.

I had him install Chrome Beta and he was able to recreate the issue on this new browser as well.
It happens randomly. Not every single time.

This is a new issue only being reported over the last month.
And we have not done any patches in a long time, as you can tell by our 2.0 version.
Lots of custom mods done on our 2.0 that be lost with an upgrade and I haven't had time to research the upgrade options yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom