XF 1.4 Issues with logging on and resetting password.

derpyhooves

I've recently moved over to a new vps, however as of today some people are having issues with logging on, several issues.

One of the issues is that when people log in, it redirects them to the home page of the forums without actually being logged on, I was told that this is an issue with differences between http://url.com and http://www.url.com and this should be fixed tonight as it is a server configuration issue.

Another issue is that it says that the person's password is wrong, when they reset the password and click on the link in the email, they get their new password, however this new password will not work either.

Is this also because of the same server configuration issue or is it something else?

Regarding log ins not sticking, it is possibly the www vs no-www issue, but it could also be a reverse proxy in the way. If choosing the option to stay logged in resolves it, it's likely the reverse proxy issue.

In terms of the password thing, if they are emailed a new password and it still doesn't work, there must be something else at play because that certainly shouldn't be the case and we haven't had any reports of that before.

However, if all people are having problems, then presumably you downgraded to PHP 5.2 on the new server. This is a very bad idea these days in general, but it also prevents the more secure passwords from being validated. You would need to update to PHP 5.3 or newer (hopefully much newer).

Regarding log ins not sticking, it is possibly the www vs no-www issue, but it could also be a reverse proxy in the way. If choosing the option to stay logged in resolves it, it's likely the reverse proxy issue.

In terms of the password thing, if they are emailed a new password and it still doesn't work, there must be something else at play because that certainly shouldn't be the case and we haven't had any reports of that before.

However, if all people are having problems, then presumably you downgraded to PHP 5.2 on the new server. This is a very bad idea these days in general, but it also prevents the more secure passwords from being validated. You would need to update to PHP 5.3 or newer (hopefully much newer).
it's not all people, just some that can't log in, it says their pass is wrong and then the issue above happens.

I just checked and we're running 5.6.4, another member using gmail just flat out never received an email.

I just checked and we're running 5.6.4, another member using gmail just flat out never received an email.
Since you are on a VPS, I'm assuming you are using your own MTA to deliver mail. Check the MTA error log to see if it was rejected. Also check to see if your new IP is blacklisted.

Your mail transfer agent. Usually Exim or Postfix. The logs are normally in the /var/log area, for Exim usually under a subdirectory called exim4 or for Postfix as /var/log/mail.log.

Alright, the mails have been fixed thanks to the help of some people. However, there's still the issue that when a person resets their pass, and uses the new pass they get in their email, that one doesn't work either....

Top Bottom