Issue paying with Paypal

• Thread starter Thread starter tictocchoc
  • Start date Start date
T

tictocchoc

Time to move from bbpress to a more robust solution!
XenForo looks like a really exciting system and I am thrilling the idea of using it and joining the XF community! :)

In the process of buying a XenForo licence, I have an issue with the check-out process (see attached files). Is it because of my Paypal account?

Attachments

• XF payment.webp
    XF payment.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
Is it because of my Paypal account?

It's a XenForo/PayPal problem...don't get me started on how stupid it is.

The fix is you have to upgrade your PayPal account. You have to give PayPal a lot of unnecessary personal financial info that only an identity thief would want and after a few days for "approval" they will process your PayPal payments to XenForo.

It's a XenForo/PayPal problem...don't get me started on how stupid it is.

The fix is you have to upgrade your PayPal account. You have to give PayPal a lot of unnecessary personal financial info that only an identity thief would want and after a few days for "approval" they will process your PayPal payments to XenForo.
XenForo really does need to find an alternative payment option.

2Checkout would be best of them in my opinion. It's basically the closest thing to a merchant account with a flat rate free. Can process credit cards, e-checks, and paypal payments

I have just upgraded my PayPal account to a 'PayPal Premier account' where my status is 'Verified' Still no luck for the transaction but I ll try again later today or tomorrow.

Maybe it is because I live in Lao PDR, a small asian country with no good reputation on the financial side.

I have just upgraded my PayPal account to a 'PayPal Premier account' where my status is 'Verified' Still no luck for the transaction but I ll try again later today or tomorrow.

Maybe it is because I live in Lao PDR, a small asian country with no good reputation on the financial side.

I had same issues in US, another country with no good reputation on the financial side, so the problem is definitely a PayPal/XenForo combo problem. The "Premier Account" should work. I believe that is the upgrade, flaming hoop I had to jump through for the honor and privilege of buying XenForo's product. It took several day's after my account was approved for it to work.

I just made a purchase for a branding option with a PayPal Business account, with no issues. Went through immediately.

While we've never had any problems dealing with PayPal, we also don't understand their risk scoring for certain locations or types of account. I get nervous when people pay with those e-check things that take a few days to clear, but so far, no problems.

If (by chance) XF's paypal account was "limited" some how, would this give same issue/result? Like, theoretically too many customers/excustomers filed a PayPal claim against XF PayPal or whatever.. it would be temporarily "limited" / "disable" or whatever. Which would affect this as well? Maybe some irate excustomers or whatever.. "I want refunds now!!" and files claims in PayPal..
technically, yes

Time to move from bbpress to a more robust solution!
XenForo looks like a really exciting system and I am thrilling the idea of using it and joining the XF community! :)

In the process of buying a XenForo licence, I have an issue with the check-out process (see attached files). Is it because of my Paypal account?

Easy solution (and the one I used) was to NOT log into PayPal and just run it as a regular transaction. That is the option below the logon box for PayPal. Once I did that the payment process went as smooth as butter and was up and downloading within minutes. Choose the "Don't have a Paypal account" option.

Easy solution (and the one I used) was to NOT log into PayPal and just run it as a regular transaction.

I have just tried that and it didn't work out with my VISA card issued by a french bank.
There is a message stating that I have to try with another VISA card number.

I have just tried that and it didn't work out with my VISA card issued by a french bank.
There is a message stating that I have to try with another VISA card number.

Wonder if the fact that mine is a U.S. based financial institution had anything to do with my successful transfer. I know that when I log into PayPal I have all kinds of heck - even when I buy from fleaBay and Gunbroker.:sneaky:

Ticket open at XF and Paypal but still no solution in view! :(

XF never offered me any viable solution other than PayPal.

A suggestion would be to talk to one of the Add-on developers. Search for an old thread on "Essential Add-ons" for a list of most commonly used Add-ons. See if you can purchase their add-on. If so, pay them to purchase an XF license for you also to get you started. Then you and they can ask XF to transfer it to you, something that does not involve money and Paypal and something they can easily do.

Thanks BGL for the advice! but -don't ask me why- PayPal has finally accepted the payment.

SOLVED (y) (just wait for the files but it might not take long)

Top Bottom