Is xenforo a memory hog?

Either way, you can reduce the setting for max_connections. My forum has a similar amount of guests and members on as yours, and I have

max_connections=60

You've only actually had a peak of 19 in the last 16 days.

You still need to increase the innodb_buffer_pool_size. You are currently trying to use 877M, but only have 128M set.

Either way, you can reduce the setting for max_connections. My forum has a similar amount of guests and members on as yours, and I have

max_connections=60

You've only actually had a peak of 19 in the last 16 days.

You still need to increase the innodb_buffer_pool_size. You are currently trying to use 877M, but only have 128M set.
ok thanks very much for your help I will give it a try

Hmm, there is something setting the maximum ram available to a ridiculously high amount.
Its the max_threads setting of 1024, if they all got used, they'd take 12.7G of ram. Have to say, 12.7mb per thread isn't bad, mine's 32.8mb per thread!

Just to confirm before I make changes, if I change the buffer_pool_size to a higher amount, will there be any knock on side effects to other areas of site performance?

No, if you reduce the number of max connections down to say 60, and then increase the buffer_pool, it won't make it any worse than it is now. It does say in the documentation you are safe to set it to 2/3 of the total memory available.

Top Bottom