is xenforo a good ideea for me?

niros_1234

Hi guys,

I have an old PHPBB 3.0.11 forum -
something like 16.000 messages, 500 subjects, 1500 users which was developed for a dance studio community from 2004.

With all this facebook rush... and maybe because of the old design of phpbb people are not commenting there anymore.

I would like to convert it to xenforo because:

1) SEO reasons... the way phpbb organises links is not seo likeble.
2) with the abilities of xenforo I would like to make it active again (to encourage users to register and post)

Questions:

1) Do you think that is a good ideea to migrate given the situation?

2) here http://xenforo.com/help/importing/
it says that "Version 1.1 of XenForo supports the following:".
Does version 1.2 supports the same?

Thank you

hi again
thank you for the reply.

Other questions:
1. If someone posts a link to something in a post ... can I, as admin, edit that link and add the rel="nofollow" attribute?
2. is there an option to stop users from editing or deleting their own posts after a period of time from posting passes (like 15 minute, 30 minutes) ?

Hi Qentox
thank you for your answer. :)

All the links are nofollow in xenforo? so... they will not pass page rank, even if i want some of them to pass?

Can an staff member confirm that?
All external links have nofollow applied by default (including all signature links, but signatures aren't viewable to guests/robots anyway) unless you're a moderator or administrator, in which case all links (except signatures) are dofollow by default.

You can change this behaviour with the add-on QenTox posted above.

Hi Ernest and Martok !

Thank you for your replies...
I have understood what is the resource manager and decided that i don't need it for the moment, so i have ordered the regular licence
and I am now working the phpbb conversion :)

Have a nice day.

Top Bottom