Is there an instruction on how to create pages in Xenforo that really look good?

leonhardtmm

Hi there, I would like to know it there is a way to create good looking pages in Xenforo using a visual helper like in the threads? Wouldn`t that make sense? By the way: Yes, I did buy Xenforo already and my account is registered.

There are a lot of limitations that a WYSIWYG-style editor can have, particularly compared to what HTML can provide (and for particularly advanced scenarios, the additional features that XF allows access to).

The editor used by XF has generally been tuned to exactly the features that we want to expose to posts via BB code and other permissions.

Saying that, there isn't really anything that stops you from using an online visual HTML editor and then pasting in the final HTML when you're ready. I don't have any familiarity with this, but here's one example:

Try something like wysiwyg web builder. Create a page, copy the html generated from that page and insert it into xenforo page. Of course you will have to change image paths (if you use images) ect. but that's not too difficult to do. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
I use this add-on to add an editor onto the page nodes:

You can see it in action inside my spoiler:

Helps create pages quicker, and it's nice that you can upload attachments easily to insert them :)

Try something like wysiwyg web builder. Create a page, copy the html generated from that page and insert it into xenforo page. Of course you will have to change image paths (if you use images) ect. but that's not too difficult to do. Hope this helps. :)
Thanks Dixie, but it is actually quite a lot of work to code every page piece by piece and set the links to the images (images have to be placed in a folder manually via FTP). I want to create hundreds of pages.... :-)

I use this add-on to add an editor onto the page nodes:

You can see it in action inside my spoiler:

Helps create pages quicker, and it's nice that you can upload attachments easily to insert them :)
Thanks! This is what I will take a closer look at:-) Seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

Top Bottom