Lack of interest Is there an 'Everyone News Feeds' preferences?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

TNCclubman

Like to control what I can and cant see?

Just to clean it up a bit maybe have the different things that show up in a preferences page and have us be able to select
-everyone
-people we follow

etc.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There's a button at the bottom that lets you switch to "your" news feed, which is only people you follow.

There's a button at the bottom that lets you switch to "your" news feed, which is only people you follow.

I also discovered this by coincidence. Maybe from an UI point of view, it would be better to put fields like that at the top of the page/overview? Now you can only see them by scrolling down the page.

I also discovered this by coincidence. Maybe from an UI point of view, it would be better to put fields like that at the top of the page/overview? Now you can only see them by scrolling down the page.

I agree I didn't even realize it was there at a glance.

Not every feature or nuance needs to be obvious, as long as the normal operations can be used in a simple and easy to understand manner. People can go back to the top, click on their name, then click on 'your news feeds'. That seems really simple to be.

I still dont see how to control what items are showing up on my 'Everyone News Feeds'

posts (everyone/people you follow/people who follow you)
changed avatar (everyone/people you follow/people who follow you)
replied (everyone/people you follow/people who follow you)
location (everyone/people you follow/people who follow you)
status update (everyone/people you follow/people who follow you)
left a message on profile page (everyone/people you follow/people who follow you)

I like to see what everyone is up to, but it seems as 'replied to the post' is absolutely dominating the page. I'd like to be able to set that one to "people I follow". I still want to see new posts by everyone, but not necessarily everyone from the sites replies to every post.

(sorry I wasnt clear with the initial post)

Top Bottom