Add-on Is there an add-on...

imthebest

That prevents people with less than X posts to access an specific node and its contents i.e. threads and posts?

I don't like to use the User Group Promotions system because it adds more complexity to my usergroup structure. I do my best effort to keep only the stock usergroups: guests, registered, admins and mods.

But I remember that there was and add-on that does what I'm looking for. Are you sure there isn't one available? Anyone could confirm please?

There really isn't much complexity by adding a few additional usergroups to use for usergroup promotions, especially if you currently only have the stock usergroups.

Besides, it's far better to use these than use an add-on. Add-ons do add more complexity to your site, there is the potential that they may break with a new version of XenForo and the possibility that the author may stop supporting them. You won't get any of these issues with user groups and user group promotions.

I don't like to use the User Group Promotions system because it adds more complexity to my usergroup structure. I do my best effort to keep only the stock usergroups: guests, registered, admins and mods.

But I remember that there was and add-on that does what I'm looking for. Are you sure there isn't one available? Anyone could confirm please?

Have a look at my mod. It does just that.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/posts-to-enter-forums-on-a-forum-per-forum-basis.1297/

Top Bottom