1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Is there an add-on...

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by imthebest, Oct 13, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

That prevents people with less than X posts to access an specific node and its contents i.e. threads and posts?
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

No. Because that can be handled using User Group Promotions.
    Amaury likes this.
  3. imthebest

I don't like to use the User Group Promotions system because it adds more complexity to my usergroup structure. I do my best effort to keep only the stock usergroups: guests, registered, admins and mods.

But I remember that there was and add-on that does what I'm looking for. Are you sure there isn't one available? Anyone could confirm please?
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There really isn't much complexity by adding a few additional usergroups to use for usergroup promotions, especially if you currently only have the stock usergroups.

Besides, it's far better to use these than use an add-on. Add-ons do add more complexity to your site, there is the potential that they may break with a new version of XenForo and the possibility that the author may stop supporting them. You won't get any of these issues with user groups and user group promotions.
    0ptima and Amaury like this.
  5. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Have a look at my mod. It does just that.

6. imthebest

Will check, thanks!