Is there an add-on out there for bulk forum node updates?

EchoRomeo

I have a lot of forum nodes that I need to update (I want to change the "allowed thread type") and, rather than going one-by-one, was wondering if there was an add-on out there that could help me update all the nodes in bulk? Does anyone know whether such an add-on exists??

Thank you!

Probably don't need an addon...
write a query.

Code:
update xf_forum
set type_config = {"allowed_thread_types":["poll","article"],"allow_answer_voting":false,"allow_answer_downvote":false,"display_style":"full","expanded_snippet":0,"expanded_per_page":0}
where forum_id in (1,2,3)

change poll, article, etc to your desired settings and change forum_id list to your forums you want to change.

make a back up first.
try it on a test board first.
totally untested, and type_config is a blob field so it may act weird with that json.

then rebuild caches

Probably don't need an addon...
write a query.

Code:
update xf_forum
set type_config = {"allowed_thread_types":["poll","article"],"allow_answer_voting":false,"allow_answer_downvote":false,"display_style":"full","expanded_snippet":0,"expanded_per_page":0}
where forum_id in (1,2,3)

change poll, article, etc to your desired settings and change forum_id list to your forums you want to change.

make a back up first.
try it on a test board first.
totally untested, and type_config is a blob field so it may act weird with that json.

then rebuild caches
Thanks, I really appreciate this answer, but as I don't have much of a programming background I'm not sure about testing this out. Also not sure where I'd even put this code. I'd prefer the usability of an add-on, if one was out there...

If you can provide some more simple direction on exactly how to apply this, I'd be up for giving it a go. At this point, I'd really like to update the "description" field across all my forums. If there was simple code where I could enter all my forum nodes and what I'd like the description field to change to for all of them, that would be enormously helpful.

Again, really appreciate your consideration of this issue!

I'm using XenForo Cloud, by the way.

Top Bottom