1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There A Way To Import From Google Groups?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Rambro, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Got someone interested in a license but they run a google group. I can't seem to find any info on the possibility of even exporting the posts in a group, much less importing it. Any ideas welcome.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it can't be exported then it can't be imported.

I can't see any sign of any one being successful with this.

The only thing I can think of is if there is some sort of API that allows the reading of the groups, or if there's some system that can scrape a group programatically.

Either way, it's going to be something that would need some sort of custom development if it's even possible.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

4. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I asked. I searched a few times and came up completely empty. There seems to be a mechanism to export member lists, but nothing about posts and discussions.

I tried every forum software and there doesn't seem to be a single google group importer.
  5. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I have no clue, but suspect that this would need a scraper. But I also would not be surprised if Google makes this difficult to do.