XF 1.3 is there a Usergroup for "unconfirmed" users ?

erich37

I am wondering if XenForo has a "Usergroup" for "unconfirmed users" (registered users who did not confirm their E-mail address) ?

In order to define of what an "unconfirmed" user is allowed to see or to do.

I think a user group promotion would do that. After creating the usergroup, make a usergroup promotion and tick user state and select waiting email confirmation from the dropdown.

You'd then need another promotion to promote them again once they confirm

Unconfirmed users have the same permissions like guests. You need to adapt the settings of user group 1 (unregistered/unconfirmed) to change their permissions,

I presume the OP wants to differentiate between unregistered and unconfirmed. By default they are the same, but I imagine there could be scenario where you want to give different permissions to people who signed up but have not yet confirmed.

the reason I am asking is this:

I would like to "hide" the "Forum-Tab" for guests (unregistered users).
Then I would like to implement a URL-redirect for the URL "domain.com/forums" which will be re-directed towards "domain.com/register" for a guest.

So a "guest" should not be able to access the Forum-URL, but when he does by entering the Forum-URL manually, he should be re-directed to the "Register-Page".

So I am wondering what happens to an "unconfirmed user" (user who did not confirm his E-mail yet) ?
Will he see the default "Forum-Notice" which says "You need to check your E-mail in order to confirm your registration" ?

Since I am using a URL-redirect, I guess this idea will not work ?

This is just an idea I am having,,, so I am wondering if such a thing will actually work properly ?
Hmmm.... need to test I guess.

I am actually speaking of this idea:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/re-direct-common-urls.76442/

I am wondering if this idea could be realized without an Addon, but by using "User Group Permissions" ?

:coffee:

Last edited:
But you could do it another way:

Make it so that when unregistered click the forums tab, there is only one node available to that group, which is a link to the register page.

Or a notice with a link to the registration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom