Is there a drupal bridge for xenforo?

rhodes

Hello,

I'm a drupal developer. We work on a new literature community and will use Drupal 7 for our cms. However, Drupal forum is not as advanced as xenforo. Therefore we want to use a 3rd party solution for all discussions.

Is there a kind of drupal bridge for xenforo to handle login via drupal?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Rhodes

rhodes, maybe You have developed or developing such bridge? It's hard to believe that close integration is impossible - better full, with common registration and login, users, statistics, or at least an option to display xenforo threads as drupal aricles and also drupal article as first message in thread, and simple switching to forum to leave comment.

@vkams, unfortunately I don't have a complete XF/Drupal bridge. I've written a little addon expanding the xf login function. Within this function a drupal bootstrap is executed. User data is then passed to drupal. Maybe a login via oauth or a webservice functionality would be a better solution. I'm not quite sure. However, if you're interested I can send you the code snippet via PM.

As far as I can see it is very easy to embed XF content in a drupal site. You can use the XF API. I'm working on this currently but I'm not sure how to pass permissions to the API.

regards, rhodes

Sorry for long delay, rhodes. I'm not a programmer, so I will not be able to use the code - I can only install addons and slightly stylize them. If you somehow complete the bridge, lots of webmasters will use it (of cause, me too). Good luck!(y)

Top Bottom