1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Is PDO supported?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Zenexer, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Zenexer

Zenexer Active Member

I found this thread from 2011, which states that there is [was] no support for the Zend PDO adapter. However, I just enabled in on 1.3.1, and it appears to be working. Is this "officially supported", "unsupported but probably working", or "unlikely to work properly"?

I suspect that switching to PDO may fix some occasional MySQL hiccups that we're seeing, so I'd appreciate knowing if it's worth switching. I'm not against a little hacking around, if necessary.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

PDO is unsupported and has not even been tried officially since pre-1.0 days.

I don't know why PDO would sort anything. It's a wrapper API; the queries are still going to MySQL in the same way (if real prepared statements are used).
  3. Zenexer

Zenexer Active Member

It's possible that some of the problems we're encountering are high-level. It'd be convenient if we could rule out the adapter by switching to PDO.
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

PDO only would add an additional layer on top, this would solve none of your problems.
  5. Zenexer

Zenexer Active Member

It would definitely solve some of our higher-level problems. I consider "excessive time spent developing an unmaintainable add-on" to be a problem.