Is it XenForo or xenForo?

s.molinari

Hi,

Being the hardcore stickler for standardization I am, I was wondering why the logo is "xenForo", with a small "x", and everywhere else you see "XenForo" with a capital "X". Is there a reason why the logo has a small "x"? What is the correct way to write XenForo? XenForo or xenForo?

Why I ask. I've been writing "xenForo", because that has stuck in my head, but then I came here today and noticed, I've been doing it wrong, at least from a post writing standpoint. So, I'd just like to be "correct", when I write your software's name.

Of course, one could say, "It really doesn't matter." But I would say, "Oh, it certainly does." Why? Because it is a trademark. Just like vBulletin (with the small "v") and "vB" where a "norm" too.

Just sayin.

:)

Scott

Ok, then I'll stop writing xenForo and now write XenForo. Although, I really thought xenForo was a stylized and cool way to keep that trademark/ logo, even in written form. ;) Especially the emphasis on "Four O" was important to me actually. LOL!:D

Scott

Hi,

Being the hardcore stickler for standardization I am, I was wondering why the logo is "xenForo", with a small "x", and everywhere else you see "XenForo" with a capital "X". Is there a reason why the logo has a small "x"? What is the correct way to write XenForo? XenForo or xenForo?

Why I ask. I've been writing "xenForo", because that has stuck in my head, but then I came here today and noticed, I've been doing it wrong, at least from a post writing standpoint. So, I'd just like to be "correct", when I write your software's name.

Of course, one could say, "It really doesn't matter." But I would say, "Oh, it certainly does." Why? Because it is a trademark. Just like vBulletin (with the small "v") and "vB" where a "norm" too.

Just sayin.

:)

Scott
Thank you for having created this thread. :) I asked myself the same question. :D

Top Bottom