1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Is it possible to remove the /forums/ subfolder from URLs?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by WearableTechForums.com, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Is it possible to remove the /forums/ subfolder from URLs? My website is http://wearabletechforums.com and the /forums subfolder for URLs is a bit superfluous.

Thanks.

2. AlexKim

AlexKim Member

Move forums folder to root maybe? or use the route

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  3. They are. It's the URL rewriting that causes this.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The /forums/ route can't be removed globally, but it can be changed.

The other options is to set up individual route filters for every forum URL.

upload_2014-10-31_11-8-1.png

5. Hm. What did I do wrong here?
    Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at Fri, Oct 31, 7.24 PM.png

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Take out the "." part -- it's not valid in the first part of a URL.

7. I don't understand. The period is added by xenForo before the ID of the forum in the database. If I change "Replace With:" to "activity-trackers/" the URL will not be correct.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't really follow what you mean by the "URL will not be correct". Since you're changing the URL, you can change it to what you want (subject to constraints); leaving the number will provide literally no benefit once the URL is changed.

The constraint is that you can't have certain characters before the first "/" -- generally, you should stick to a-z, 0-9 and - .

9. Awesome. Thanks!