Is It Just Me Or Does The New FaceBook Look Now Look Like A Forum?

I almost signed up for facebook once

I was fairly active on it for a time. Joined because I was a member of a church that used a private FB group as a communications tool and to connect with some other people. Ended up in a few groups. Never engaged me the way the forums do and as the privacy and security questions mounted and FB execs like Zuckerberg gave unsatisfactory (to me) responses to the concerns, I finally pulled the plug. Went back on briefly when I was using Messenger to keep in touch with another admin on my board, but quickly left again. Now I've been FB free for a couple years at least. Don't miss it.

Another quirk I've noticed with the new style FB is if you share a XF thread to a FB group, previously the resulting output would be the title of the thread and a few lines from the opening paragraph - now you just get to see the title which unless is fully descriptive means little or nothing to the person reading it unless they click it to be directed to the XF forum post.

Is this FB's way of trying to restrict posting links to external content?

Facebook Sucks. When i want to remove old messages and posts they dont do that. the buttons dont react at all.
I removed my fb accound permanent because i want to do this.
It worked very good.

And as a lot of people. I do not miss it!

It's hilariously poor. Whoever at Facebook is responsible for "design responsiveness" needs sacking. If you have a high resolution and wide monitor you end up with a tiny strip of posts in the middle and oceans of white space. You still can't actually see much of the posts.

Its significantly worse than the last version.

The best way I managed to view posts on a 24inch monitor was to reduce the page down at the top-right of the screen, then drag the window closed sufficiently so it created a panel with just posts and then drag the top and bottom of the window up and down to fill the height of the screen - then you manage to get more than one post in a window, the text becomes smaller, and all the clutter either side of the posts disappears - and someone got paid to design it ffs

1601227109580.webp

I was fairly active on it for a time. Joined because I was a member of a church that used a private FB group as a communications tool and to connect with some other people. Ended up in a few groups. Never engaged me the way the forums do and as the privacy and security questions mounted and FB execs like Zuckerberg gave unsatisfactory (to me) responses to the concerns, I finally pulled the plug. Went back on briefly when I was using Messenger to keep in touch with another admin on my board, but quickly left again. Now I've been FB free for a couple years at least. Don't miss it.
I actually don’t like FB either, but the ability to communicate with a friend living on a boat in Mylasia in the middle of the ocean from the US with a click of a finger keeps me on it. The way the world is going seems FB, Amazon and Elon Musk will eventually rule the world. But seriously I would delete it if not due to messenger and being able to communicate with friends and family from around the globe.

Top Bottom