Is It Just Me Or Does The New FaceBook Look Now Look Like A Forum?

MQK8

Logged into my FB account last week and saw the FB has changed their look dramatically, least on desktop. Is it just me or are they trying to become more like a forum?

No it just looks like a very cluttered version of Facebook. More annoying every year.
I have about thirty Facebook pages and find the new look very organized the way they have them all set up. I would agree with you somewhat on the rest. I also have three Xenforo licenses too, just upgraded one. I was just wanting to get others opinions.
:)

yes it look like a forum, even i think they following linkedin. i could say its a 3 column layout or a Forum with sidebars on both sides.

Facebook users express raw hatred for new layout. Described as an ugly, confusing nightmare.

Facebook rolled out a new design their interface. Facebook users reacted with not only displeasure, but actual hate. These are the reasons why so many are threatening to quit Facebook.

A search on twitter for the words, Facebook Interface surfaces scores of negative tweets. Virtually every single tweet is negative.

And not just negative but passionately hating on Facebook:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks like FB is now enforcing the changes onto users instead of giving them the option to use the old format.

It leaves a lot to be desired on desktop

It's not awful, still the same old feed though. And easier to switch between pages, watch, market place and groups using the mobile like nav tabs.

Wouldn't call it forum like. Many groups I'm finding it harder and harder to engage with though. They're so big and active, and posts get so many replies it's nearly impossible to read them easily in chronological order or catch up on posts since my last visit.

Well, I am not on Facebook myself but I have had two users grumbling about the changes on my forums so if it was more forum-like, they don't seem to be seeing it. "Facebook Zucks" was a quip from one of our mods.

One thing I've noticed is you can't Right-click FB videos any more and copy the URL for use elsewhere

Unless someone knows differently ?

One thing I've noticed is you can't Right-click FB videos any more and copy the URL for use elsewhere

Unless someone knows differently ?
Yeah FB is fact checking what people post as well, Iif it isn’t true they will flag you

Just in case you do decide to leave Facebook .....

Top Bottom