Is Email to Thread possible?

Lone Wolf

We have the ability to create threads from an RSS Feed but what about directly from an email account?

For example if I want certain newsletter or offer emails to be posted to the forum as a thread. Is that at all possible?

Do you mean posting a thread by sending an email? That requires some custom programming and I haven't seen anything like this. It would have to be implemented in your mail server.

not very hard:)

It was a custom script, many things are hardcoded and it's limited to only 1 user (because they needed it only for announcements which were created & sent by the secretary:D )and I am already overwhelmed with all my add-ons, so i'm not gonna customize and share it, sorry.......

If anybody (a coder) is interessted in this =>
Zend Framework provides Zend_Mail_Storage_Pop3

you'll just need an cronjob to check for new mails and then i've created some commands which are sent via subject [new thread] [reply to post x] so the script knows what to do....

hope this helps somebody^^

http://framework.zend.com/manual/de/zend.mail.read.html

You do some brilliant work ragtek, I think this add-on would be very popular even if it was paid. I'd happily pay a few dollars for this and so would many others.

You do some brilliant work ragtek, I think this add-on would be very popular even if it was paid. I'd happily pay a few dollars for this and so would many others.
it's not because of the money;)

it's because of my burnout and all the work (support and coding) with the add-ons.
i'm not able to continue work and support all the stuff i've released at my (hacked) page and here at xf.com ......
That's why i gave robbo all my add-ons and the customer list but everything needs much longer as we planned, people are annoying me because of the migration => so the horrible stress is back again, but it's ok...... i've started with this and now i have to find a good end for everybody... wish that i never started with this^^)

Dont let people stress you out, your add-ons are much apprecited and loved. Keep up the fantastic work!

@jake

Since ragtek has basically shown how this is done and said he's happy for someone else to release it, is there anyone you know who could adapt it and release it as an add-on?

Top Bottom