Is a repeat import possible?

racersimage

I'm importing everything from my vB 3.8 board but I'm not ready to go live until I can get an album and a rewrite Ebay link script but I want to be ready when they're released to go live.

What I'd like to know is if I can re-import everything again when that time comes and would the system skip duplicate content (everything that has already been imported) and just import all of the new posts, members, etc. since the first import?

What I'd like to know is if I can re-import everything again when that time comes and would the system skip duplicate content (everything that has already been imported) and just import all of the new posts, members, etc. since the first import?

Nice idea. But the imports are always full imports.

When it comes to imports and test forums I always recommend using the test forum as a point of reference in applying your changes to the production forum once you are ready to go live, as opposed to building directly onto the test environment. It is just cleaner that way. So you would do another full import to a new installation of xenForo once you are ready.

Top Bottom