1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

IRC Chatroom for Developers! (#chat on irc.xenfans.com)

Discussion in 'Development Tutorials [Archive]' started by Jaxel, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I figure XenForo is new, and us developers are still trying to figure stuff out. So I have set up this chatroom on EFnet so that developers can talk to each other and figure stuff out. You can connect to IRC anyway you want...

www.efnet.org
    www.mibbit.com
    www.mirc.com

2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

There is also http://vbirc.com where a lot of developers already hang out.

3. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Hmm... didnt know about that...

4. Carnage

Carnage Member

why EFnet? surely a more programmer oriented network such as freenode would be more appropriate?

CaptainMorgan and vapid like this.
  5. Forsaken

Its the network that Floris runs, and a lot of the developers who have planned things hang out there. Kier and Jerry also stop by :).

6. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

No offense, but EFNet is full of griefers and troublemakers. I'd consider setting up shop elsewhere.

CaptainMorgan likes this.
  7. Forsaken

Corrected your post :).

8. Facepalmx2

Facepalmx2 Active Member

...yet you use it. ;)

Check out the irc.xenfans.com (alias of irc.vbirc.com) in my signature. It's the #chat link - where some of the xF developers / mod developers hang out.

ChrisStatzer and vapid like this.
  9. Forsaken

Thats where the douche bag comment came in :p.

Facepalmx2 likes this.
  10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

much better to do this on http://vbirc.com/chat - seeing as most of us have already set up shop there :) (over 80 users in the chatroom today!)

11. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Agreed, As can be seen from my signature I personally prefer to stick around on vbirc.com/chat :)

12. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Yeah. And some of them seem to have made a stop at VBIRC... *cough* Forsaken *cough*.

<3

Ceri May likes this.
  13. Forsaken

Guess you missed these posts.

14. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

I just needed to re-affirm it. :D

15. Floris

Floris Guest

Mah @ efnet :) Just come to ours, Kier's in irc.xenfans.com #chat usually anyway ;) (though as a guest, not as personal dev assistant). This is on http://vbirc.com/chat :)

MrBrian likes this.
  16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

If there was a "Page" here at Xenforo.com where people could find out where people are on IRC that would be helpful.
    It's obvious the usual information problems with forums are already well underway ...
    You can't find the information you need.

I wish I could have been involved with xenForo from the beginning. The world doesn't really need another forum .. it needs an Information Community. Well, actually now that vBulletin sucks so bad, the world needs a forum (for now) and then an information community.
    :)