1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 IPN warning from Paypal

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Roadwart, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Member

Just started receiving these from Paypal

I've looked in the transaction log & this is whats showing

Any idea whats causing this?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

That's the wrong URL.

When payments are sent to PayPal by XenForo, the actual real IPN URL is passed (http://www.southeastcountiesbikers.co.uk/payment_callback.php) by XenForo.

However, you do need one in PayPal. Just change the one in PayPal to the real one to stop the errors.

Also, the IPN error in the log is expected. It's the way PayPal sends some transactions to the script.

Liam

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Member

Thanks Liam.

Maybe I'm being thick but I ca't see where on my PayPal account to change it.

EDIT: Scratch that. I had to change to the classic site to find it.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Did you move your forum from the forum directory to the route?

If a transaction is associated with the old URL, it will continue calling back to that URL even if you change the default value. If you used to have the forum in /forum, this could be the case and thus ideally you'd want to do some .htaccess redirects to ensure callbacks to the old URL get processed correctly.

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Member

I did move my forum Mike. Everything else seems to be working OK. I'm still a novice at coding stuff so would something like

Code:
    Redirect /forum/payment_callback.php http://www.southeastcountiesbikers.co.uk/payment_callback.php
    be correct?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I believe that should be ok (assuming PayPal follows redirects like that; I haven't heard they don't at least).

Roadwart likes this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Member

Thanks Mike. Most appreciated. (y)