IPB 3.2 - Early Beta Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people don't know what they are talking about they tend to clutch at straws. Before long you can start weeding out the inconsistencies in their postings.

I do believe however bar numbnuts, the ipb people coming over here are wanting people to knock ipb 3.2 when the fact of the matter the xenforo customers like what the ipb devs have done.

LOL true :p

Hey.. all you IPB fanbois itching for a fight... saddle up and ride on over to vBland and give them a good beating...

There's actually a vB "like" mod that has one feature I really like although some may find it bloated. When a post is liked in a thread it gets added to a very small "likes" button that hovers at the top right of the thread and when you click it, it shows what posts have gotten the most likes. It's useful in that perhaps these posts contain more insight than the rest or useful information.

There's actually a vB "like" mod that has one feature I really like although some may find it bloated. When a post is liked in a thread it gets added to a very small "likes" button that hovers at the top right of the thread and when you click it, it shows what posts have gotten the most likes. It's useful in that perhaps these posts contain more insight than the rest or useful information.

Can't you just see at a glance which post in a thread has the most likes o_O

Me thinks some people are getting a little more excited than what is considered healthy. I'd advise self-medication before Dr. Brogan comes by with the scalpel. Oh wait...

There have been "like" mods for forum software for quite some time now thanks to the facebook boom. xF isn't the first forum script I've seen it on but it is the first forum script I've seen that has had it as a part of the core.
Please, not with the facts again, haven't you learned anything in the past 16 pages?

In truth, at least to me, this is one of the most disappointing "features" of XF, the sheer number of followers who for emotional reasons are blindly defending XF against any every so slight notion that it is in fact not the Holy Grail of forum software.

Can't you just see at a glance which post in a thread has the most likes o_O
If they've only got a few posts, yes but take a topic that's 17 pages long like this one, I don't want to do all that reading especially if I'm new to the topic.

Please, not with the facts again, haven't you learned anything in the past 16 pages?

In truth, at least to me, this is one of the most disappointing "features" of XF, the sheer number of followers who for emotional reasons are blindly defending XF against any every so slight notion that it is in fact not the Holy Grail of forum software.

Feel free to leave at any time :)

I don't recall stating anywhere that what I was speaking was factual. I'm speaking from personal experience, I think you're the one overreacting a bit buddy.

I defend it because ITS BETTER FOR ME THAN ANY OTHER FORUM SOFTWARE I HAVE TRYED .... silly bugger you have no idea what other people think and why they do it

Yeah and you can see firsthand what it does to them. I thought fosters was a mans drink though kim? *ponders*

Yeah, sorry about that.. seems a certain kind of Pommy bloke just can't handle the Aussie beer, on behalf of the entire Australian Population, I sincerely appologise!

Those whose posts have now been cleaned up again need to remove themselves from this thread and not post to it any more, or they will find themselves forcibly barred from it.

If they've only got a few posts, yes but take a topic that's 17 pages long like this one, I don't want to do all that reading especially if I'm new to the topic.

Hmm yeah I guess that has some merit, but I am not sure it is really essential.

I would like to see a legend somewhere on the board of most liked, or even most liked today, kind of thing, Likes could definitely be extended.

Wow... some of you in this thread are pretty tightly wound.... I would suggest a good cold beer or glass of wine for that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom