Ipad

Kier has an iPhone, Ashley too (3G) as far as I am aware.

There's not much that can be done if Apple don't support the editor though.

Kier has an iPhone, Ashley too (3G) as far as I am aware.

There's not much that can be done if Apple don't support the editor though.
The browser is Webkit, the same in Safari / Google Chrome, both the iPhone and the iPad have full javascript support, so I don't see why the editor couldn't be supported. This is not an issue from Apple, but rather from TinyMCE or XenForo

I also have an iphone. We have to use the iPhone's editor.

The browser is Webkit, the same in Safari / Google Chrome, both the iPhone and the iPad have full javascript support, so I don't see why the editor couldn't be supported. This is not an issue from Apple, but rather from TinyMCE or XenForo
I don't think that's necessarily true. I can't use any editor on any site I visit on the iPhone, except iPhone's editor.

Mike had this to say about it:
This is a limitation of the iPhone/iPad, just so you know. AFAIK, it doesn't trigger the keyboard for rich text areas.

The iPhone has never supported the WYSIWYG editor.

Safari on the iPhone is not the same as Safari on the desktop. There are very significant differences, one of which is that WYSIWYG editors in general do not function. (The browser does not recognise the WYSIWYG editable area as a typeable text box).

Thanks, though understanding doeesn't make it any less frustrating
frown.png

im really tired of all these guys such as apple, mozilla, ms, etc causing so much work for everybody.
i wish it was realistic for everybody to simply refuse to code workarounds, in effect leaving their browsers broken.
look how long we had to suffer with navigator 4...

Check this :

http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php

I am on my iPad 5.1.1 (safari) and able to see the changes in wysiwyg. I'm speculating but is xenforo using an outdated version of tinymce? I'm not sure if this issue/feature should be posted in the bug session. But it is crucial to get an editor to show up on the iPad (as well as android if it isn't working).

Top Bottom