• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

iPad Mini

steven s

So who is waiting for an iPad Mini?
If you already have an iPad, would you buy a Mini also?
Just curious.

I probably would have bought one but got tired of waiting for a good 7" tablet until the Nexus7 came around.
I needed something smaller than a laptop and larger than my phone.
The last time I traveled it was perfect. Fit in my coat pocket. Easily handled email and even remote desktop into work.
Not a comment on the N7, but reflecting on the size.

It's a shame Apple waited this long to recognize a need for something in between.

David_

I dont think I'd buy one. I've had all three generations of the iPad, and a Kindle Fire, it just isn't the same having a smaller screen. It'd have to hit that $199 price to even consider it.

kkm323

so far Apple team have shown us their failure to obtain jobs' vision. So my answer to your question is "NO" until I see whats new and how is it better than nexus 7 or other product in the market.​

FredC

Since I don't really follow Apple except when it's time to buy a laptop, I had to google iPod Touch.
So what is that? An iPhone without the phone?
Essentially.

Everyone in my family has one and with the wifi it actually saves us a ton of money vs monthly 3g bills. My kids dont have cell phones because the expense would bankrupt us, so they are pretty content with the iPod Touches.

BGL

So who is waiting for an iPad Mini?
I'm going for an MS Surface because it is a full OS tablet device. Apple is going to keep its tablets with the limited operating system so as not to compete with their laptop business. I have an iPad and like it a lot but I'll be selling after getting the Surface which will replace my Netbook, Laptop and iPad.

BGL

Too soon after the iPhone 5 in my opinion. They should have waited till closer to Christmas.
This is Christmas. Apple is trying to attack the Nook/Kindle market, 15 million 7" tablets sold to date, both to gain that market share and to prevent an alternative hardware and OS from getting a base.