IOS Users, Help a Newbie out :)

Cambion

So I may be buying my first iPhone(and keeping it lol)...Need some advice!

For those of you who use iPhones, I am considering switching over to IOS. In fact, after the 10 PM showing of The Maze Runner, I am heading with my bf and friends to be losers and wait in line while they pick up the iphone 6/plus.

For me, I am coming from a Lumia 1520. I personally think Windows Phone is the best OS and I absolutely love the camera on Lumias. Hands down, the best. With that said, I hate the fact that MS is going the android way and making the OS feel less cohesive and apple's IOS has slowly proven to be a more cohesive experience.

I wished MS would adopt a full on apple method with Lumia and Surface but alas it seems they want to adopt the ANdroid method of throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall.

While I am still team Lumia and I will continue using my Lumia, I plan to get an iPhone(Maybe tomorrow when they open) simply because I love the OS but I am growing bored with it and the iPhone can be something I dabble in.

My Question is....
Is the iPhone 5S still a good buy? I honestly don't care too much about most of the new features on the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? I already have a lot of those features already on my windows phone so i am not overly blown away.

The Screen Size....ehh, my 1520 is 6 inches(Here is a Photo)

Nokia-Lumia-1520-vs-iPhone-5s-4.jpg

Once again, I am not overly blown away with the size....besides I played with the iPhone 5s a bit and while it is small, very small, compared to my 1520, I noticed it just...fits. It doesn't seem cramped as I expected it to be.

But is it crazy to buy the iPhone 5s now? I mean I feel as if I don't necessarily NEED to get the best of the best iphone. After all I may wind up hating it.

I'm still good with my 8 Gb iPhone 4 really. IMO it's so ridiculous now to get a brand new phone. Same with a brand new car or PC, unless there is some massive driving reason why you need the latest and greatest phone, or unless you basically get it for free, the next best model is pretty awesome too.

Case in point. We have Verizon and got offered a deal to upgrade 2 of our phones now under the new every 2 thing even though the 2 years isn't here yet as part of a promo deal, $200 for a iPhone 6 16GB and then you get a $200 gift card, so basically free phone. Why not. Me, I'm stuck with my 4 until May

I winded up buying both an Iphone 6 and Iphone 5s......

I haven't decided which I want to keep(if either) and i have 14 days to decide :P

Looks like i am a DUAL OS user

Windows Phone and IOS :)
My friends are trying to convert me over to Ipad from Surface now and OSX from Windows 8.1...HA good luck with that. Macs don't even have touch screens :p

I'm still good with my 8 Gb iPhone 4 really. IMO it's so ridiculous now to get a brand new phone. Same with a brand new car or PC, unless there is some massive driving reason why you need the latest and greatest phone, or unless you basically get it for free, the next best model is pretty awesome too.

Case in point. We have Verizon and got offered a deal to upgrade 2 of our phones now under the new every 2 thing even though the 2 years isn't here yet as part of a promo deal, $200 for a iPhone 6 16GB and then you get a $200 gift card, so basically free phone. Why not. Me, I'm stuck with my 4 until May

I upgrade my PC every other year to keep up with the demand that gaming has so I can keep up with the ultra graphics options >.>

I would agree that for things like high-end graphics, gaming, engineering, etc that a new PC is warranted. But even then you can quite frequently but the budget down by going with lower-end or 6 month old components rather than top-of-the-line or brand-new components

Just updated my iPhone 4s to iOS... a little slow but works great.
I you don't need a large screen 5s will be ok.

My iPhone history:
2009 to 2012 iPhone 3GS (with 24 months contract) after 2,5 years I gave it to my wife and I got iPhone 4S
2012 to 201? iPhone 4S (with 30 months contract) now is 2,5 years old and I'm thinking about give it to my wife replacing her still working 3GS and get iPhone 6 for me... or maybe wait for 6s? :D

I would agree that for things like high-end graphics, gaming, engineering, etc that a new PC is warranted. But even then you can quite frequently but the budget down by going with lower-end or 6 month old components rather than top-of-the-line or brand-new components

Yeah I agree, just don't tell me that right now >.> I'm about to get the new GTX 970 that just came out hehehe

Top Bottom