iOS / Android App planned ?

Marcus

I am standing before the decision to buy tapatalks branded iOS and Android apps. That's 1.600 USD and I would prefer to give the money to the xenforo devs for a native app, for sure. Are there any plans for a native app directly from xf devs within this year?

I know a mobile style is planned, however the most important feature is notifications which a mobile style could not do. A mobile style with a simple app that would do this would even be enough:
- sign in
- get alerts as native notifications
- alerts redirect to the mobile www style
The app only needs this one screen for login. I dont need the app to present any data.

What kind of bugs? This has me concerned as it's a lot of money for a potentially faulty product. Everyone else on here seems to love it which piqued my interest in maybe using it.

biggest bug so far: paying for a product that fails to mention a lack of android support and xenforo features, that are currently available only in iOS versions. I was just invited into some android 2.0 beta, but I didn't pay to be a tester, I paid for an assumed fully working product, so they can get ****ed. We're done with that trash business. Had they mentioned during sale the andriod app was significantly behind when it comes to features, we wouldn't have a problem, because I wouldn't by it. Now I'm a customer with 2/3rds of a working app, and my android using members have brought up the same things I do here.

Oh the drama. A mobile app for a forum is the most important addon a webmaster can provide their members. If it wasn't for vbulletin's annoying security updates, lack of supported wordpress integration and crappy CMS I'd switch back over just to buy and use their Mobile app.

Top Bottom