1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS / Android App planned ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Marcus, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I am standing before the decision to buy tapatalks branded iOS and Android apps. That's 1.600 USD and I would prefer to give the money to the xenforo devs for a native app, for sure. Are there any plans for a native app directly from xf devs within this year?

I know a mobile style is planned, however the most important feature is notifications which a mobile style could not do. A mobile style with a simple app that would do this would even be enough:
    - sign in
    - get alerts as native notifications
    - alerts redirect to the mobile www style
    The app only needs this one screen for login. I dont need the app to present any data.
    D.O.A., Steve10 and Reeve of Shinra like this.
  2. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Well, I can't recommend the Tapatalk for XF. Too much bugs :(
    D.O.A. likes this.
  3. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Tapatalk does not have push notification.
  4. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

That's most of the reason why I thought buying it. Thanks for clearing that up.
  5. Coop1979

Coop1979 Well-Known Member

Have any devs looked at using the Boxcar api?
  6. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

What kind of bugs? This has me concerned as it's a lot of money for a potentially faulty product. Everyone else on here seems to love it which piqued my interest in maybe using it.
  7. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

It's seem 2.0 support it. There is a "Notification" option in app settings.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Current tapatalk for xenforo release is 1.1.3. I don't know when 2.0 will be released.
  9. Dinh Thanh

10. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Honestly what have you found buggy? I've used it since it came out, and now that I've seen 2.0 I'm pretty confident it's going in the right direction.
  11. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Talking about mobile apps, ForumRunner was sold to Internet Brands. I honestly expect that they will drop Xenforo support due to current conflict of interest.
  12. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

biggest bug so far: paying for a product that fails to mention a lack of android support and xenforo features, that are currently available only in iOS versions. I was just invited into some android 2.0 beta, but I didn't pay to be a tester, I paid for an assumed fully working product, so they can get ****ed. We're done with that trash business. Had they mentioned during sale the andriod app was significantly behind when it comes to features, we wouldn't have a problem, because I wouldn't by it. Now I'm a customer with 2/3rds of a working app, and my android using members have brought up the same things I do here.
  13. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

My custom Media Replacements from xenforo>acp>bbcode media don't work in Tapatalk for iPhone.
  14. Dinh Thanh

All custom BBCodes will not work.
    Marcus likes this.
  15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh the drama. A mobile app for a forum is the most important addon a webmaster can provide their members. If it wasn't for vbulletin's annoying security updates, lack of supported wordpress integration and crappy CMS I'd switch back over just to buy and use their Mobile app.