1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IOS 9.0.2: Did you update?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sami Jalal, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Sami Jalal

Sami Jalal Well-Known Member

I have made the update.. After that, Apps download has become very slow, and need to wait a small app forever to finish. Did anyone has the same or its only me?

Browsing is excellent and download other files is perfect. But when using appstore its awful. :(

jauburn likes this.
  2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Appstore traffic routes are likely to be flooded whilst everyone downloads the update

3. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

It's happened to me just before upgrading to 9.0.2.

4. Sami Jalal

Sami Jalal Well-Known Member

And after? Is it okay now?

5. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

I somehow got stuck in the beta loop although I deleted the beta profile so am now on 9.1 Beta 3

6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

It's okay now.

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

One thing to be very careful of now... with IOS 9 if your wifi is not strong, your phone will switch to cellular data instead.
    You can disable this by going into the Settings -> Cellular and scroll to the bottom and turn off Wi-Fi assist. If you have a set data bucket per month, I'd suggest doing this just to be on the safe side.

Sami Jalal likes this.
  8. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Well I have unlimited data through AT&T (grandfathered) so this isn't an issue for me. Lol I don't plan on ever giving my unlimited data up even if I have to pay outright for my phone. I updated to the newest iOS and I am not noticing any issues.

9. Tracy Perry

I've got 5 lines, and only mine has the unlimited on it still. I'll be dropping two of the others shortly. Used to keep them to swap upgrades with - but now that is no more with Verizon they will be losing about $110 a month for something that just sits there and is never used so doesn't impact their network. Their loss - my gain.

And my phone is still on 8.4 and will remain so until 9 is JB.

10. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I don't really care as much about jail breaking anymore. So doesn't bother me either way on that. I used to be really into all that but not so much anymore. Mainly because if something goes wrong with my phone because of it I don't have the luxury of just being able to just do a restore and I need my phone to work. Already bad enough I walk on the wild side by running the betas. Lol

Sami Jalal likes this.
  11. Tracy Perry

I mainly JB for the hotspot ability. Since they don't really "throttle" around here it comes in handy when the cable internet goes down. Also saves me $30 a month.

12. Robru

Robru Active Member

No problems at all with 9.0.2 ;)

13. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Uh, where at and how do we expand that to everywhere?

14. Tracy Perry

Move to everyhere.. :p

We don't have that large of a population - of course, only 1/2 the city has LTE currently and they were "supposed" to have had towers out for all of it last year.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  15. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

I switched back from a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to an iPhone 6s+, I feel one with the universe again.

whynot likes this.
  16. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Running 9.1.1 - flawless!

17. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

Did I update? Hell, no. I've been burned too many times by Apple's OS updates, which invariably cause older hardware to slow down, sometimes to the point of becoming next to useless.

18. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

You have nothing to worry about this time.

19. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

Not what I've read.

In any case, I'm not tempted.

20. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Is that a beta?