iOS 5 is released

It constantly stalls, and errors saying Apple's Server lost Connection.
What use is 120mbit at home if the end-point can't support it huh

I'm not sure why Apple always release stuff to the whole world at the same time. Why not have it timed for 12-midday local tome for all countries, then it's all staggered.

Apple like most large enterprises that provide a public service use CDNs so it would not really make a difference. All US based IPs would use the nearest POP (Point Of Presence) that hosts the CDN likewise for the Europeans and the other continents.

Apple like most large enterprises that provide a public service use CDNs so it would not really make a difference. All US based IPs would use the nearest POP (Point Of Presence) that hosts the CDN likewise for the Europeans and the other continents.
That will be why they don't do it then, I never knew that so thanks for educating me :). Learn something new everyday :D

That will be why they don't do it then, I never knew that so thanks for educating me :). Learn something new everyday :D

I would also add that your ISP has several choke points along the way to the internet, the first being their local POP, this is where your neighbourhood DSLAMs are located (or fibre concentrators are located). Then they backhaul this to their main network over a slightly bigger circuit, once inside their network it then depends on their peering arrangements and their transit bandwidth. There are so many chokepoints. It could be that the CDN is extremely fast and generally is (they have huge amounts of bandwidth available) but everyone near you is hammering the downstream circuits. Many ISPs cannot afford their own point to point circuits so will use a virtual circuit over a MPLS network, in other words, they rent a portion of a bigger bandwidth provider's circuit.

Quite a few of my friends report back to me that they get errors during the initialization process of the phone. telling you to reconnect to iTunes, even though it is, and you have to start the whole thing over again. One person had to restore to factory to get access to the phone again.

Yikes.

I had to restore mine and copy all of my music after it upgraded. iOS 5 is impressive though. I mean I never thought that could sync my music wirelessly between my computer and my iPod Touch.

Top Bottom