1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invite your forum member to xF

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeffin, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

so they can try it out now and report bugs or give suggestion before its release. I've done that on my forum already.
    Brandon_R likes this.
  2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Ah nope. I did that with one moderator and now they are much to anxious to start using the software.

4. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

Good idea.
  5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

It might even speed up production and bring the release date so much closer :)
  6. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I don't think there's anything that's going to make software production go any faster. ;)
  7. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

More the bugs found, more the time it takes to release it. :p
  8. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Qualities of a good dev - Laziness, Impatience, Hubris

The more members registered here i guess the more hubris the devs become therefore has more of a reason to code good hence speeding up production :)
  9. random

random Active Member

You're wrong, there is a way... if Internet Brands buy XenForo Ltd. then you can be sure that in less than two weeks we would have XenForo 1.0 "Gold"

Fortunately for us, that is something never going to happen.
    Darkimmortal, Brandon_R and Onimua like this.
  10. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I don't want to invite anyone to test it until it goes on sale, because it's just not fair to dangle this before them and then say "but you'll have to wait a few months or more."
  11. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Few months :(
  12. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I know! I'm almost sorry I heard about it so early.
  13. Hornstar

Hornstar Well-Known Member

No one really knows when it will go on sale (Kier and Mike might have a rough idea) but realistically when it is ready. No one wants this being labeled as Gold if it is not (Although it looks more Gold then ....) lol Even tho I will want to get my hands on this during the beta stages and dig deep with it and get it ready for my site, I have a feeling I won't be converting over any time this year as many mods will have to be made first.
  14. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

We realize that. It just hurts each time I am reminded. :(