1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Invision Power Suite 4 Redirect Script

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by 423, Nov 23, 2015.

1. 423

423 Member

Xenforo is going to be releasing the IPS4 importer shortly and we'll need a redirect script. I've helped them test the current beta importer, but I can't go live with the conversion until a redirect script is released. I did preserve all of my content IDs, so I'm told this wouldn't be a difficult task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

What are the URL formats in IPB4 -> XF (that'd help hugely)? Are there any differences from the IPB3 ones anyway? I wouldn't imagine they'd have URL breaking changes...
  3. 423

423 Member

I'm not real familiar with the inner workings of the URLs, but if you need me to provide something, just let me know. I know at some point, someone is going to make this script just as all of the other scripts have been published.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

We'd need example "before and after" URLs to make any recommendations. If the URL format hasn't changed though, the IPB 3 redirect scripts would work (though if you maintain IDs, you generally don't need scripts, just .htaccess changes).
  5. rv65

rv65 Active Member

6. rv65

rv65 Active Member

Disregard sample site, just quickly thought of a name just for the URL structure.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Those look like the same URLs as in 3.x, so the existing scripts would work.
  8. 423

423 Member

Tell me exactly what to ask the IPB staff and I'll put a ticket in and ask them, this way we're sure the 3.x scripts can be trusted.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There's no need to ask them anything - the URL structure appears to be the same.
  10. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can confirm, the scripts appear to work.

I was under the impression the URL structure had changed, but it hasn't, so the scripts will work.
    Brogan likes this.
  11. 423

423 Member

Great, thank you all.