• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Invision Power Suite 4 Redirect Script

Xenforo is going to be releasing the IPS4 importer shortly and we'll need a redirect script. I've helped them test the current beta importer, but I can't go live with the conversion until a redirect script is released. I did preserve all of my content IDs, so I'm told this wouldn't be a difficult task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Robust

What are the URL formats in IPB4 -> XF (that'd help hugely)? Are there any differences from the IPB3 ones anyway? I wouldn't imagine they'd have URL breaking changes...

I'm not real familiar with the inner workings of the URLs, but if you need me to provide something, just let me know. I know at some point, someone is going to make this script just as all of the other scripts have been published.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
We'd need example "before and after" URLs to make any recommendations. If the URL format hasn't changed though, the IPB 3 redirect scripts would work (though if you maintain IDs, you generally don't need scripts, just .htaccess changes).

Tell me exactly what to ask the IPB staff and I'll put a ticket in and ask them, this way we're sure the 3.x scripts can be trusted.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can confirm, the scripts appear to work.

I was under the impression the URL structure had changed, but it hasn't, so the scripts will work.