Cannot reproduce "Invalid password" message, but still get logged in

x_Stricken_x

As the title says, when I login I get the "incorrect password" message - but I still get logged in successfully. I'll attach a screenshot if need be, but it's pretty self explanatory.

As the title says, when I login I get the "incorrect password" message - but I still get logged in successfully. I'll attach a screenshot if need be, but it's pretty self explanatory.
Just to clarify...

Did you actually type in the right password when you got this message?
Or did you type in the wrong password, get this message, but was still logged in?

What version of XenForo are you using and also what web browser and OS (operating system)?

The password was correct, the version of XenForo was whatever is running on these forums (1.2 beta 5 iirc). OS is iOS 6 on iPhone 5, browser is Google Chrome. Also, the error happened on these forums.

Also, I will note that if I'm on a thread while signed out and then sign it, the error doesn't appear to show (that I've noticed thus far). I'll try a few more times and then note when it happens to possibly help pinpoint what/where the issue is.

Also, I will note that if I'm on a thread while signed out and then sign it, the error doesn't appear to show (that I've noticed thus far). I'll try a few more times and then note when it happens to possibly help pinpoint what/where the issue is.
Do you use your username or email address when logging in?

I just tried logging in twice with both username and email on here on my iPhone 6 iOS 6.1.4 in both chrome and safari and all was fine.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I'm struggling to reproduce this at all... can you provide any more details, or steps to reproduce the behaviour?

I've been trying to reproduce it for a couple of days now, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. I also can't think of any details that would be relevant aside from maybe the fact that I have my Facebook linked to my account? I don't know if that would affect it

Perhaps you got logged in via your FB integration after typoing the password? (You should've seen a redirect though.)

Unless the code initialized the Facebook login, I don't see it being that. All I did was click the login button (my credentials were saved/filled in). Also, even if it did login through Facebook, wouldn't/shouldn't it have not shown an incorrect password anyways as there technically isn't one?

The code does initialize the FB login automatically if it detects that you're logged into FB but not XF.

Technically, there isn't a password so if you try to enter one, you're entering an incorrect password. (That said, it's possible to have a FB-associated login and a password.)

My apologies, I didn't know how that aspect of it worked. Well, it should be safe to leave this as "cannot reproduce" for now as I've yet to reproduce it again. Thanks for the replies, @Mike

Not sure if this is the same thing, But this is happening on my forum.

JENNsWKDstang said:
this is what I get when I log in...I didn't request anything I just log in and this is what I get before I pick a forum or events
errorlogin.webp

This has been reported on our forum. I believe it has to do with the Facebook session. Some also say they get logged out when clicking any link on the forum while using Facebook login. Any idea of what that might be?

Top Bottom