Invalid model 'XenForo_Model_User' specified

JadedHeart

I have had several problems trying to upgrade, this is where I stand now:

Server Error

Server Error

Invalid model 'XenForo_Model_User' specified
  1. XenForo_Model::create() in /home/content/61/6404261/html/forum/library/XenForo/Visitor.php at line 344
  2. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in /home/content/61/6404261/html/forum/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 47
  3. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in /home/content/61/6404261/html/forum/library/XenForo/Controller.php at line 370
  4. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in /home/content/61/6404261/html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 302
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/content/61/6404261/html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/61/6404261/html/forum/install/index.php at line 17

This may be a beaten horse, but make sure you uploaded all files correctly, as usually its a file upload / old vs. new file problem with these things.

I have gone over and over the files and compared the file sizes, that is how I got to where I am. The earlier errors I encountered went away after I found some files that hadn't uploaded properly, but this one I can't seem to make go away. I will look again in the morning after getting some sleep, sometimes walking away for a while helps me see things that I didn't see before.

When I was comparing files from the "upload" folder to those on my site, I noticed that some of them were not the same size, so I ran a file compare and they are identical files. How can they be different sizes if they are identical, and is this what may be causing my problem?

EDIT: Okay, I decided to try again and got this:

Error

You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php.

so I tried to go to the forum and got this:

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Route_Prefix' not found in /home/content/61/6404261/html/forum/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php on line 91

Also, what should the permissions be on the php files, on my server they are 0604.

When I was comparing files from the "upload" folder to those on my site, I noticed that some of them were not the same size, so I ran a file compare and they are identical files. How can they be different sizes if they are identical, and is this what may be causing my problem?
Probably just differences in line break styles (Windows vs Unix).

Also, what should the permissions be on the php files, on my server they are 0604.
I don't know your server setup, so that could be an issue. Try 0644.

The system is managing to load some of the classes without a problem (XenForo_Dependencies_Public), so the initial setup is working. I'm really not sure why other files aren't working though.

We haven't actually started using the forum yet, ours is a new company with a new product that we have only released locally so far, so I think I may just start over from scratch. But I would like to hear from you Mike, would it be better just to delete the whole forum directory, delete the database and start from scratch? If so, should I run the setup from beta 2, or should I wait for the next version? I would like to have the forum operational within a month or so, as we will be starting a video contest on YouTube soon to introduce our product, but we still need to make some introductory videos so we have a little time. What do you suggest I do?

And if I do start over, do I just need to delete the database and forum directory or is there more that I need to do?

It really just looks like a file issue. If you can give FTP access, I can look into it. Otherwise, you could do a fresh upload into another directory -- however, make sure you bring your data/ and internal_data/ directories across (for avatars and attachments at least).

If you really just want to do a fresh install, you can just delete the directory and go through the install process. It can remove the existing data.

It really just looks like a file issue. If you can give FTP access, I can look into it. Otherwise, you could do a fresh upload into another directory -- however, make sure you bring your data/ and internal_data/ directories across (for avatars and attachments at least).

If you really just want to do a fresh install, you can just delete the directory and go through the install process. It can remove the existing data.

Should I pm you with the ftp info?

EDIT: Okay, I got it to give me the upgrade login page. I logged in and it just takes me to a blank page. Any suggestions? I tried twice and I refreshed the page.

Top Bottom