XF 1.5 Invalid model 'XenForo_Model_UserGroup' specified

talk2troy

Thread started here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/no-customer-could-be-found-with-that-email-address.153521/

I was able to DL the XenForo 1.5.15 update & upload via FTP, ran the update and got the upgrade confirmation & accessed my admin dashboard !!!!!! :love:

My first goal was to update my user / PW, so I clicked LIST ALL USERS - but I am getting errors.

FULL CONFESSION: before I came here for help, I mucked around in mySQL and deleted all users that looked like SPAM, and got down to just me (my forum is not live / public but I have applied a style / theme & sub-forums, etc). I was mostly just learning to use the software, but don't want to lose what I've done so far.

I am down to just one user now & can see myself listed as super admin / admin / super mod but when I go to USER INFO:

Admin Control Panel - myURL.com/forum
Server Error
Invalid model 'XenForo_Model_UserGroup' specified

1. XenForo_Model::create() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 101
  2. XenForo_Controller->getModelFromCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 1476
  3. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_getUserGroupModel() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 311
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->_getUserAddEditResponse() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php at line 360
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionEdit() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/X/public_html/myURL.com/forum/admin.php at line 13
Basically, I get errors with anything under the USERS menu (create new, batch update, etc)

Considering you have manually deleted content from the database, which will have created orphaned records and corruption, etc. I would recommend starting over with a new installation.

Just personal reasons. It was a hobby - idea - experiment from 2 years ago w/ no backups. Xenforo was easy to learn & set up & style but I won't do it over until or "if" I decide my new idea is worth it this time. I just wanted to resurrect my install to brainstorm a "first draft" in software vs on paper (I already drew it up on paper & started a wordpress entry point - just need to validate w/ potential user base and giving them a link to a draft site vs a doc would be more fun). If I go forward, I probably want v2, new style, etc. Need to read about the update cost too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom