Introducing the new IE 11 mascot, Inori!

When did they change their mascot? I preferred the original mascot since it was fitting
poop.webp

See, the two posts above are why this all exists. IE10 and 11 are not crap - actually, for the end user they're just as good as the others these days. Unfortunately, we all think of IE and instantly think IE6 and the bad old days.

Those days are gone. This ad and everything around it is Microsoft trying to point out that IE isn't as awful as everyone on the internet seems bent on believing. And this is why the whole ad campaign is aimed squarely not only at East Asia, but at the internet in general. It's a sure bet that "IE-tan" will get our attention, and some of us might stop complaining for long enough to watch the video.

It's a good play. And, oddly enough, a surprisingly competent magical girl short while it's there. Will it convince anyone that IE stopped being a slow, buggy, and incompatible browser several years ago? I doubt it, no-one is listening. But it's the best Microsoft can do.

See, the two posts above are why this all exists. IE10 and 11 are not crap - actually, for the end user they're just as good as the others these days. Unfortunately, we all think of IE and instantly think IE6 and the bad old days.

Those days are gone. This ad and everything around it is Microsoft trying to point out that IE isn't as awful as everyone on the internet seems bent on believing. And this is why the whole ad campaign is aimed squarely not only at East Asia, but at the internet in general. It's a sure bet that "IE-tan" will get our attention, and some of us might stop complaining for long enough to watch the video.

It's a good play. And, oddly enough, a surprisingly competent magical girl short while it's there. Will it convince anyone that IE stopped being **** several years ago? I doubt it, no-one is listening. But it's the best Microsoft can do.

I'm just poking a little fun at them as I do with apple. IE has gotten better (personally i feel since IE10) but the poop is in jest. :)

IE 10 is actually quite good, but has a few performance drawbacks on older systems. Mainly due to performance issues. All "i" chips on Intel's platform and thereon seem to run it just fine. It's the older C2D generations that have issues. Another being their extension system. It's a bit flawed and not bug free. Up until today I thought IE11 was only for Windows 8.1 but learned MS is shipping out in the next few weeks for the W7 platform. Sweet.

I love anime but wtf................

If I was anime I'd be offended.

Anime really needs to monitor the quality of it's branding.

Can't just slap the name of anime on any ole piece of garbage.

It's a good play. And, oddly enough, a surprisingly competent magical girl short while it's there. Will it convince anyone that IE stopped being a slow, buggy, and incompatible browser several years ago? I doubt it, no-one is listening. But it's the best Microsoft can do.
IE isn't as good as Chrome, Firefox or any other 3rd-party browser. It's good enough if it's all you need, but if you use your browser a lot chances are you're going to be using something else that allows more flexibility or functionality.

As far as IE having a bad rap... Designers still have to cater to at least ~3-4 versions of IE at any given time. There is also the fact that Microsoft creates limits on what version of an OS the browser can be installed on when there shouldn't be any need to do so in most cases. IE10/11 are still a pain in the ass to code for because there are limitations on modern design methods, such as font based icons triggering compatibility mode and causing site breakage.

Good God. :eek: #desperation

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom