Interview with Shawn Hogan (Digital Point)

I'm just now finding out about this! :eek:

Release a couple addons before you go in the can please!
come on for real bruh...that's horrible
in the can o_O
'in the can' means 'go to jail' ....

which is where ebay is trying to put him because they need a scapegoat for whatever involvement they may or may not have had themselves in whatever actions actually happened in my opinion.

Yeah, because you getting add-ons is much more important than what he's dealing with.
I don't care about his addons as much as you think, I can and will go without them. But if he's really going for 20 years, which I HOPE NOT, someones gotta take one for the team and say hey, uh, let us hold on some of these for awhile... in the resource manager.

If I were you and I had that much money, I would've left the U.S. long time ago.
Maybe he thinks there is actually justice in the justice system and that he will not be hung out to dry while a company who turned on him walks free claiming the high road.

Jesus wtf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Hogan

Why are you in wikipedia over Meet The Fockers?

The article should be more about digitalpoint.com

That was because of something I do my damn self....I buy a movie...I download copy of movie and store it so that I may watch it anywhere in the house without risking scratching and ruining the media and losing it because there is no recourse for that.

I started buying blu rays before I had a blu ray player and did the same thing with storing them digitally and keeping the original boxed.

Encoding a movie takes forever unless you build a machine dedicated to and built for doing that and it is just much faster to download the already encoded one then it is to encode it yourself.

But to answer your question it is there because Shawn downloaded a movie he owned a copy of and because of prying eyes on the internet he was accused of illegally download a movie when in fact he is legally allowed to have a backup copy by law, the same law that ignores the fact that the encryption they put on DVDs are technically illegal to bypass, which you need to do to copy and he stood up for that and promoted awareness for the loophole violation of the law that these media groups have lobbied into legality.

I don't care about his addons as much as you think, I can and will go without them. But if he's really going for 20 years, which I HOPE NOT, someones gotta take one for the team and say hey, uh, let us hold on some of these for awhile... in the resource manager.

For what purpose would someone be taking one for the team in this case. He has taken one for the team already by moving his business forum over to xf which shows as a proving ground because the way his whole site and server is built is just captain ridiculous about life and xf functions smooth as hell on it even with the ridiculous amount of traffic hitting it.

He also personally tried to help me by showing me code that would benefit my abilities to write sick custom addons but I have failed him in that respect because there is a few basic things I miss in between when it comes to advanced functionality in php, at my own fault if I had mastered those things that I had lacked I would have been making ill ass addons myself.

I know him to have done these things because he wanted to and for no other reason and it might have had something to do with the appreciation I show for his efforts and achievements.

Have you seen his marketplace?

Look at the domain listings...ridiculous and built into xf.

The kind of things he does with Digital Point stand to show what can be done with Xenforo and his site exposes lots of eyes to xf and that can help bring in new customers, and more customers fund xenforo and makes them a stronger company and helps them continue to deliver a better and better product.

Knowing the kind of guy he is...I know that he wouldn't care as much as most of the people reading this page...but I feel like your are burying the lead here. When you are over 30 years old and someone threatens you with 20 years, they are threatening to take away the remaining best years of your life.

If he chooses to release addons cool, if not...whatever...he has got serious chit to worry about while running a business. I can not hold it against him nor do I think anyone else can.

You are talking about addons ignoring the fact that if he needs to worry about anything it is the continuation of his company that he would be better off tending to.

When I say take one for the team, I mean by literally asking "hey if you get locked up for a long time, can you hook us up with some addons before you go?" cause just by asking, people will get offended and it will make the person who asked look bad, but you know the question is out there, just unspoken, lurking, so I'm just putting it out there for those too scared to ask.

I'm just now finding out about this! :eek:

Release a couple addons before you go in the can please!

You already have too many add-ons, you don't need more ;)

Besides I doubt he will go to prison. Will more then likely be a hefty fine and probation.

In the rare event he does, I'm sure he has someone in place to run DP in his absent to put profits on his book. So releasing his exclusive codes is silly.

Top Bottom