Interview with Mike Sullivan

Kier also picked me up from the airport once, while holding a sign with my name written as a regex. Unfortunately, I had to critique it as the regex was slightly incorrect.
That had me chuckling :D

[...]
Kier also picked me up from the airport once, while holding a sign with my name written as a regex. Unfortunately, I had to critique it as the regex was slightly incorrect.

Awesome... shame Kier got the regex wrong :(

Thanks Mike for answering and thanks The Sandman for providing such great questions :)

I'm glad you like the interview! The credit goes to Mike - there may be a bit of a knack to asking the questions but it's much, much harder to answer them, especially when you have many other things occupying your time. IMO, a good interview is when you get to see through someone else's eyes for a moment, and perhaps find out a couple of things about them that you didn't already know. That's mainly in the answers, not the questions.

The questions were good. They were fun to answer.

IIRC, the regex was /Mi(ke|chael)\s+Sullivan/ . I complained that it was lacking the ^ and $. Today, Kier suggested that he would've been just as happy picking up George Michael Sullivan instead. :)

Excellent interview.

Being a developer myself I especially like the "There are disagreements, but usually they end up with something better than either of us would've created independently."

Aaaaah. I reread the old interview with Kier and there it is:

Kier:
all the vBulletin staff receive a fair bit of adulation from the hard-core fans though it's always important to remember that the online world is very fickle and the moment that we stop providing superior support, excellent customer relations and an innovative product the market is ever-ready to move to someone who will.

Wasn't that prophetic??? 

Top Bottom