Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly would, I'm sure they will allege that IB deliberately without cause disrupted XF business and cost the company millions in resources (time and stress to personnel) that could have otherwise been invested in software development.

Shamil, I honestly don't know why you keep posting comments like this. I don't mean to be rude but you haven't a clue what you're talking about, yet you keep on presenting this stuff as fact.

Courts favour UK businesses? Courts favour small start-up businesses? Do me a favour!

Courts favour the law! Often relying on case law and precedent. How long do you think a judgement would stand if they based their ruling on how long someone had been in business?

Courts favour UK businesses. Courts abide and adhere to the law, they don't ever favour it.

But what would they base that claim off of? From the looks of thing the presale went on as planned, a little late albiet but no one knows the reason for that. (Could have been a glitch in the ordering system).

I think it drove more business from the looks of things than did harm. I dont see m(any) threads about people not buying because of this, but I do see a fair amount saying they've bought or bought more because of it, heck I think I even saw one guy say he was waiting for it to be full price before purchasing so he could help out more.

Im not sure they can counter sue for stress induced from this ordeal, I think they most they'll hope to recoupe is any associated court costs and solicitor fee's.

Yes but I had private emails expressing concern over this. People do not express fear in public forum.

IB did this by design, actually counter suing them for this hold more water than their actual law suit
I think it drove more business from the looks of things than did harm. I dont see m(any) threads about people not buying because of this, but I do see a fair amount saying they've bought or bought more because of it, heck I think I even saw one guy say he was waiting for it to be full price before purchasing so he could help out more.

Im not sure they can counter sue for stress induced from this ordeal, I think they most they'll hope to recoupe is any associated court costs and solicitor fee's.

I hope the legal battle can be handled quickly by the courts in UK allowing XenForo to concerntrate on developing the product. By the way, do court filings become available to the public in UK?

I hope the legal battle can be handled quickly by the courts in UK allowing XenForo to concerntrate on developing the product. By the way, do court filings become available to the public in UK?

They do indeed. But it'll be a long time before we see one.

It would be very undemocratic if IB made xenForo come over to the US to be tried. From the declaration of independence

For transporting us beyond seas to be tried for pretended offenses:

They do indeed. But it'll be a long time before we see one.
If it turns out that IB's lawsuit was frivolous, it might spell the end for vBulletin. Public opinion tend to influence long-term prospects of any business when it comes to free market.

Better let Michael answer that one, but I do believe you can sue someone anywhere.

There are certain guidelines and rules for it. Basically I couldn't sue you in my home court system unless you committed the offense here.

Unless a pre agreed arbitration type thing was in a clause some where, it'll generally reside where the criminal/civil matter happens is where it gets tried.

We're talking civil matters here.
you sue where they are incorporated / headquartered. / residing (for people) no matter where the allegations.
It applies even for divorces and stuff. any civil matter. This, I'm sure of here in the States that's how it works.
So if IB wants to follow suit in the US they must abide by our rules

IN IB Adrian's new interview

Now let's ask a few questions about your newest competitor. Do you plan to update ImpEx for XenForo -> vBulletin conversion?
There are hundreds of forum software’s out there, we typically provide Impex support for those that have the greatest market need. If there is a need for a xenForo to vBulletin converter we certainly will provide it.

Like that will ever happen :)

http://forumpromotion.net/forum/blog.php?mode=view&b=20

If you ask me, i think they did that interview to make the xenForo lawsuit thread not be first on their announcements without actually deleting the thread :D I mean the last interview they had was with Brandon_R and look how that turned out :P

Ya know, I am sure I heard Internet Brands sold vBulletin and Internet Brands itself as a whole... so, why are the same folks who ran vBulletin into the ground still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom