Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense.
You study, you use what you know to help other company.
When you stop working that other company and wants to make yours, you gonna use what you know to do your business.

It would be very undemocratic if IB made xenForo come over to the US to be tried. From the declaration of independence

Also impossible and illegal.

If there is a need for a xenForo to vBulletin converter we certainly will provide it.

Not by my hand, also they will likely have to figure impex out first, I was the sole knowledge of it up until leaving.

Stupid me thinking the "casual Fridays" at my former employer were the pinnacle of corporate absurdities.

Reminds me of Office Space.

I'm not too worried (hopefully that doesn't make one of us). I think that the Xenforo folks knew this would happened and prepared accordingly. I have faith that they are smart and capable people with a business manager who understands the law very well.

Unfortunately, this is how the business world rolls. Very few companies like competition because it calls to the carpet their own faults and issues.

I dont think they offer a switch service (yet), but even if they did, its perfectly legal. Indeed, IB offer the same service from other platforms dont they ?
I was thinking of something different then that, but I'm to tired to think clearly of what it was.

The bottom line here is the fact that this forum software platform was built from the ground up without taking code from vBulletin, IB has to prove in court that XF blatantly and deliberately stole their intellectual property acquired in the acquisition of Jelsoft.

Kier and Mr. Sullivan are well aware of the penalties of taking code from an employer they worked for a long while, they would have to be outright fools to commit what IB is accusing them of, I really don't think these guys are as naive as IB is portraying them to be in their open letter.

na·ive   /nɑˈiv/ Show Spelled
[nah-eev] Show IPA

–adjective
1. having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.

2. having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.

3. having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique: valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.

If it turns out that IB's lawsuit was frivolous, it might spell the end for vBulletin. Public opinion tend to influence long-term prospects of any business when it comes to free market.
And public opinion of a negative variety got pretty freely expressed at vB. Yeah I thot so too that vB may get triaged from the portfolio being acquired by the bigger fish gobbling up IB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom