Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that is important here is this: xenforo wouldn't have so much momentum if vBulletin 4 was good.
I wouldn't really feel the need to be looking around if I felt vB4 was a solid product (like vB 3.5) and was heading in the right direction.
xenForo exists because IB is killing vBulletin.
The CMS is so very wrong. vB4 is buggy. They messed up templating in vB4.
I feel I was FORCED to look for alternatives to vBulletin because version 4 was so terrible.
and then to sue the competition because they've outdone you ?
I'll use bbPress before I give vBulletin any more money.
vBulletin is a has been forum with no vision, and will never recover from the Catastrophe that is IB's version of vB4.

Those guys in that photo should be arrested (seriously) for crimes against fashion. It must have been "wear the worst shirt you can find" to work day...for charity or something.

From what I remember and I may be mistaken, if I am, Please correct me.
But from the old screenshots I had seen before of the way vBulletin 4 was supposed to have looked as a complete rewrite... Xen Foro resembles those original screenshots.

Again IF my memory didn't fail me. That may be the reason of the lawsuit.

One thing that is important here is this: xenforo wouldn't have so much momentum if vBulletin 4 was good.
I wouldn't really feel the need to be looking around if I felt vB4 was a solid product (like vB 3.5) and was heading in the right direction.
xenForo exists because IB is killing vBulletin.
The CMS is so very wrong. vB4 is buggy. They messed up templating in vB4.
I feel I was FORCED to look for alternatives to vBulletin because version 4 was so terrible.
and then to sue the competition because they've outdone you ?
I'll use bbPress before I give vBulletin any more money.
vBulletin is a has been forum with no vision, and will never recover from the Catastrophe that is IB's version of vB4.
I have to agree. This has to be one of the most UNPRODUCTIVE teams i have ever had the displeasure of seeing with my naked eye.

2zqvs42.jpg

They actually look like they've just been told they're fired...oh, what's this? irony?...on a Thursday... ;)

Just joking guys. :)

Wow, "stupid Friday shirt competitions" huh?

Stupid me thinking the "casual Fridays" at my former employer were the pinnacle of corporate absurdities.

From what I remember and I may be mistaken, if I am, Please correct me.
But from the old screenshots I had seen before of the way vBulletin 4 was supposed to have looked as a complete rewrite... Xen Foro resembles those original screenshots.

Again IF my memory didn't fail me. That may be the reason of the lawsuit.
They don't look anything a like.

Wow, "stupid Friday shirt competitions" huh?

Stupid me thinking the "casual Fridays" at my former employer were the pinnacle of corporate absurdities.
Sorry to go a bit o/t.
My old place had Beer Fridays. Everyone had to bring in a few beers from a micro brewery, or home brew.
Plus hot sauce.
That was the only thing I liked about the job.

Offering services to license holders to switch is probably a major reason they're being sued.
I dont think they offer a switch service (yet), but even if they did, its perfectly legal. Indeed, IB offer the same service from other platforms dont they ?

IB Adrian" We have stupid Friday shirt competitions (see below), but ultimately we are all here for a common goal, and as enjoyable as the job may be, we try not to let that get in the way of getting our job done.​

Enjoyable ? Dude. Think again. You are driving a once great product into the ground, in record time.
That's enjoyable ????? If I were you I'd be s***ing my pants. Adrian, you must be oblivious to reality to be standing on the Titanic, sinking, and use the word enjoyable.

vBulletin was a community of insanely biased FanBoys. When a vBulletin owner was discussing forums, he/she knew why their forum was better than Forum X,Y,Z - and wasn't shy in telling others. When someone asked them what forum to use they would expound the virtues of vBulletin, ad nauseum, off the top of their head. vBulletin users had used the other software and then moved to vBulletin because it was a more secure, more stable package.

And then came vBulletin 4.

It clearly showed 1 thing. vBulletin wasn't the same.
Things that people expected like: bug-free "Well-beta'd" software, happy plugin developers, community excitement - WERE ALL GONE. poof. Almost no one was happy.

Adrian, you should have been around when vB 3 came out, you knew the product was exemplary. You paid your money - quickly - because you wanted it BAD. vB 3.5 - crazy excitement, the community was excited. vBulletin 4 is the Titanic.

Congratulations Adrian for turning a DECADE of thousands of vbulletin fanboys into ex-customers.
I'm speechless how you can use the word "enjoyable" at work when your ship is sinking and you are captain of a ship you didn't know how to steer. You killed the world's most popular forum software, in one release.

As a vBulletin customer who was sinking, clinging to a piece of wood, I'm glad The Good Ship xenForo came by, threw me a Life Jacket, and http://www.xenforo.comrescued me.

Ya no need for insults, there still folks, heck I work for a company that many folks may not be happy with but it's no reason to take it out me personally. Also who's who in that pic I just know Adrian? WAY Off topic haha

Also It's sad to see the approach was done this way, and the fact that Adrians claim it's IB's way of trying communicate with the public more? I suggest they take other routes to communicate with their high paying under-impressed customers.

It was sold just few weeks back, such changes take time, we may see changes happening in quarter or two

Ya know, I am sure I heard Internet Brands sold vBulletin and Internet Brands itself as a whole... so, why are the same folks who ran vBulletin into the ground still around?

Ya no need for insults, there still folks, heck I work for a company that many folks may not be happy with but it's no reason to take it out me personally. Also who's who in that pic I just know Adrian? WAY Off topic haha

Also It's sad to see the approach was done this way, and the fact that Adrians claim it's IB's way of trying communicate with the public more? I suggest they take other routes to communicate with their high paying under-impressed customers.
Never really looked at it that way. And true, is their way of communicating with their customer base filing lawsuits? Seems like some pretty disgusting cr4p to me.

however we feel that ultimately that approach is in the best interests of our customers.

Are you sure it's in the best interest of your customers? or your stockholders? I guess to you guys the source of money is irrelevant and customers and stockholders are interchangeable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom