Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, IB will be blown out of the water by XF attorneys, of that there is no doubt, that is if this ridiculous lawsuit is even accepted by the court in the UK.

I am still waiting to join a class action lawsuit against Internet Brands for the licensing fraud they engaged in against all vBulletin owned license holders.

I hope things turn out well. I have been depressed every since changing software. Things are very upbeat here and people are willing to try and answer questions. Just being at the other place made me feel negative and mean and I don't like being that way.

I don't want to have to move again after this.

LOL..vB has been going downhill ever since IB took over. Which is why i switched to IPB after that. IB only cares about themselves, not their customers. Which is why i purchased msyelf a license of XF tonite and so far love it.

This case will surely get turned down because the way the general public feels about it is usually how the Judge will feel about it. I mean if something like theregister.co.uk can show favor to xenForo just shows how the case will look in front of a judge.

Anxiety? The problem is the anxiety is all the speculation based upon misinformation about which precious little has been provided. People can quote UK labor laws all they want but my point is that the wrongs are probably more about (a) separation agreements which are different, and (b) copyright infringement, which isn't really affected by whether it's UK or US law since the issues are the same. Instead of all this speculation, why not wonder why IB didn't provide some clear hard hitting details if this case was such a slam dunk? After all, those same details should be in the filing...
Wild ass guess? IB isn't concerned with winning on the merits, they're just trying to use the legal system to harass and intimidate Kier, Mike and Ashley, disrupt Xenforo's launch and scare off their potential customers... But like most everything else in discussion that's just ideal speculation since none us seen the actual filing.

This case will surely get turned down because the way the general public feels about it is usually how the Judge will feel about it. I mean if something like theregister.co.uk can show favor to xenForo just shows how the case will look in front of a judge.

As soon as the Judge reads info on IB and hears IB. I'm sure they will lay the hammer down.

I don't think judges favour the big guy beating the little guy. That is unless Ib finds a way to bribe the judge!

Brisco has to blame the failure of the vBulletin acquisition on Kier and XF to cover for his own blunders and for the under performance of the unit to the new potential owners, because if they really understood the true story they would back out of buying Internet Brands, so this is convenient cover for Mr. Brisco.

Brisco has to blame the failure of the vBulletin acquisition on Kier and XF to cover for his own blunders and for the under performance of the unit to the new potential owners, because if they really understood the true story they would back out of buying Internet Brands, so this is convenient cover for Mr. Brisco.

That sounds quite possible.

As a clever chap once wrote .....

Shakespeare said:
LAUNCELOT: Nay, indeed, if you had your eyes, you might fail of the knowing me: it is a wise father that knows his own child. Well, old man, I will tell you news of your son: give me your blessing: truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid long; a man's son may, but at the length truth will out.

Got my two licenses, and left a comment on the Register with my thoughts. Love that El Reg actally made this a featured story.

Anybody slashdotted this yet? I think that there is plenty of tar and feathers left for IB...

why don't we wait a day or so and then make conclusive determinations?
People like to speculate.
Michael, looking at the replies in the announcement thread over at vBulletin, it is apparent that IB have created business for xenForo themselves. If in a lawsuit, IB were to argue that xF has taken business from them, could the number of people stating that they are buying xF because of IB's actions be any kind of defence?

Am I the only one who read the article and noticed the "said one user on a private forum for paying customers" part? I recall this forum being publicly available. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who read the article and noticed the "said one user on a private forum for paying customers" part? I recall this forum being publicly available. :rolleyes:
Um, there's a private forum; Its called Licensed Customer Feedback. So, you would need a license to even post in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom